Supply Chain Operations Manager
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The purpose of the Supply Chain Operations Manager is to drive mutual profitable growth within our DTC channels through supply chain innovation, integration and collaboration.
Develop Service models for the different channels that UA operates in, defining, developing and building services and capabilities in support of the business strategy. Drive Supply chain integration within our owned and operated environment and elevate how we operate with them in line with the defined service models. Optimize seasonal execution of the business and be responsive to in season opportunities to maximize revenue.
That is aligned with:
UA BRAND MISSION: To make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation
UA BRAND VALUES: Build a Great Product; Tell a Great Story; Build a Great Team; Deliver Great Service
UA INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY: Build a strong global brand & brand equity; Improve profitability and organizational efficiency; Accelerate annual growth; Embed a performance culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- OWN THE DTC OPERATIONS SERVICE MODEL.
Be the operational channel expert. Drive elevation of the channel operating model. Develop a tiered service model, define services and capabilities that will enable UA to be successful in that specific channel.
Drive & support the development of new services (Carrier & transportation) and capabilities (e.g. Returns management) for all channels that can be scaled over multiple channels. Responsible for monitoring, managing and reporting operational KPI’s/Service levels on daily basis.
- DRIVE SUPPLY CHAIN DEVELOPMENT FOR DTC.
Develop a service model for owned Retail & E-commerce in line with the overall business strategy. Develop & Implement capabilities, services & process improvements in line with the development plan that will drive profitability, reduce lead times and/or delivery performance. Be the operational voice of the customer. Automate processes (e.g. EDI, sell through data) between UA and key partners (e.g. 3PL, Dropship partner, Carriers). Eliminate error-prone manual activities.
Be part of digital warehouse transformation projects, build out the future plans of servicing our customers in the most premium way. (E.g. packaging, capacity flow, pick & pack optimizations).
Optimize Seasonal returns from the Under Armour Brand House and support RFID in close collaboration with UA Global team.
- MANAGE TRANSPORTATION
Manage carrier performance & cost. Further support on roll-out of multi carrier solution for e-Commerce and Marketplaces.
Support and manage the border free operating model.
- DRIVE OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE
Ensure operational alignment between business (revenue) goals and warehouse & logistics capacity for both long and short term business strategy. Work with the business to optimize inventories across channels and maximize fulfillment of consumer demand (Right product, Right time). Monitor on time availability on DTC inbound orders and work with supply planning to ensure the right coverage. Work with Launch team to guarantee flawless launch execution on key marketing initiatives. (E.g. First2Floor)
Drive Operational performance scorecards, follow up action items operational areas (returns, pick & pack).
- Model the behaviors reflected in the UA Way: Walk with a Purpose; Be Humble, Stay Hungry; No One Person is Bigger than the Brand – Team; Integrity
Technical Attributes of Ideal Candidate: include but are not limited to the following:
- Minimum Bachelor in Business discipline.
- At least 7 years of supply chain experience within a fast pace e-commerce environment, preferable at a ecommerce or vertical retail organization.
- Have a process mindset and experience with process optimization, systems and supply chain integration between retailers and suppliers.
- Have specific knowledge with regards to EDI integration and Drop-ship/partner programs.
- Experienced in translating commercial strategy into an operating model and supply chain solutions between vendor and supplier with the ability to (help) build a business case to support investment decisions.
- Able to influence and coach management team and peers, able to implement new way of working, able to think about mutual profitability and having a continuous process improvement mind-set.
- Has the ability to think strategically and translate this into achievable actions.
- Fluent in English is a must, German is a pre.
Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidate: include but are not limited to the following:
- Team Player. Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues
- Humble & Hungry. Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game" regardless of prior successes
- Unparalleled Integrity. In good times and bad, lives the UA Way; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel”
- Action Oriented. "Can do" and "does do" attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations
- Accountable. Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self to highest performance standards
- “Gets” Under Armour. Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand.
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.