Visual Merchandising Manager
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
START DATE: January 2020.
POSITION TITLE: Visual Merchandising Manager – Distributors.
LOCATION: Amsterdam – The Netherlands.
DEPARTMENT: Visual Merchandising.
- Under Armour EMEA is looking for a talented Visual Merchandising Manager to be part of the EMEA Visual merchandising team.
- Main role is to bring the Global product and consumer experience to life within the Distributors region.
- The role will report to the EMEA Head of Visual Merchandising and will have a dotted line to the EMEA Head of Retail for Distributors.
- He / she will develop a close relationship with the Distributors VM and Retail Marketing teams, EMEA VM, Merchandising, Retail Marketing groups.
- The candidate will be a seasoned Visual Merchandiser, an excellent communicator (across cultures) and a fantastic trainer.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Visual merchandising Manager for Distributors will be responsible for bringing the Under Armour VM standards to life in our managed spaces across the, rapidly expanding and diverse, Distributors region (25+ Countries). The role is to train and coach the Partners Visual Merchandising teams to deliver Brand consistency and maximizing sales.
Main Responsibilities and tasks:
- Adapt Global directives to Distributors needs (from flagships to Shop in shops).
- Be the voice of VM for Distributors to the EMEA and Global teams.
- Conduct seasonal communication with all countries.
- Manage the reporting system to raise standards in a diverse market.
Review seasonal executions and feed back to countries.
Conduct in-countries specific market review and trainings.
- Build adapted training material and curriculums.
- Deliver seasonal training camps.
- Review new stores floorplans and product category mix.
- Travel to high profile store openings, key market launches and key retail / sport moments.
- Manage 3rd party creative agencies (art direction, P.O.).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A completed degree level or equivalent in either Design, Marketing or Fashion.
- 6 to 8 years in a visual merchandising role in a well-established retail brand (flagships, department stores, shop in shops, managed spaces).
- Experience in a premium and / or sport Brand.
- Experience in creating training plans, material and facilitation.
- Able to put processes and systems in place.
- Able to manage a yearly budget.
Self-starter, solution minded, ready to vision and create the future.
- Is creative, flexible, adaptable.
Is comfortable across a diverse cultural environment.
- Able to travel extensively (time, culture and distance).
- Strong communication skills: Presentation, networking, navigating across the matrix.
- Is comfortable within a fast growing, changing and challenging environment.
- I comfortable with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office tools.
- Can read stores floorplans.
- Can decide, advice based on KPI’s analysis.
- English is the working language, any added language and / or cultural understanding about the Middle East business is a plus.
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.