Lead, Global SEO - Connected Fitness
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Are you a dynamic, analytical and creative SEO Expert who wants to help grow our Connected Fitness business and make yourself better?
As a SEO Manager you are a passionate advocate of the Under Armour BRAND and it's consumers as well as detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities in our fast-paced environment. In this role you map & optimize Connected Fitness Websites and Apps to maximize visibility in Organic search results in 13+ countries. You influence campaigns, copy, design & messaging to ensure SEO best practices are followed and in harmony with a growing, rapidly developing global SEO program.
You have a natural curiosity and keen ability to develop, articulate and execute a best in class SEO strategy. You are exceptionally adept at articulating highly technical SEO plans and projects to non-SEO teams, including senior executives.
We expect you to analyze performance based on SEO positioning & analytics data, including data from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Trends. You are always seeking ways to improve everything from processes to communication. You are accountable for growing Organic traffic to all Connected Fitness assets, including apps like Map My Run and websites like MyFitnessPal.com. You are results oriented and focused on automation and scaling SEO initiatives to maximize ROI and deliverable measurable growth.
About The Role
Under Armour seeks an experienced SEO Manager to drive strategy and execution for its best-in-class, highly successful Connected Fitness business specifically & Global SEO team in general. As SEO Manager you will play a critical role as a strategic leader in growing Under Armour’s Connected Fitness community via Organic search. The SEO Manager will help the team optimize performance and develop new SEO-driven initiatives designed to meet aggressive growth targets. You will serve as a subject matter expert on SEO to the entire Connected Fitness team, including developers, designers and content creators. The ideal candidate will have some enterprise level SEO experience, analytics expertise and project management skills. This is a tremendous opportunity to capture the energy and rapid pace of a startup, with the proven track record of an industry leader.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager, Global SEO to develop SEO strategies and execution plans
- Conduct keyword research, competitive analysis, content optimization, meta-tag creation, link development and other SEO related activities
- Work closely with Development, Content, UX/UI and Design teams to ensure alignment with SEO strategies
- Knowledgeable about all technical aspects of SEO
- Work closely with Development, Content, UX/UI and Design teams to assure adherence to SEO Best Practices on all major website changes impacting SEO
- Review website data for keyword insights and SEO trends
- Proactively identify and offer solutions to reverse negative trends
- Develop, share and implement SEO best practices across multiple families of businesses.
- Be knowledgeable and on top of all the latest SEO industry trends
- Must have SEO Retail/E-Commerce or omni-channel experience
- Partner with the Connected Fitness and SEO teams to develop projects to address existing technical SEO issues
- Provide requirements and recommendations pertaining to redesign and platform migrations
- Serve as SEO expert for all Connected Fitness teams, including Social, PR, Design Development and Content.
- Translate business goals into accurate delivery requirements.
- Articulate and present analyses and learnings effectively to the team and to key stakeholders
- Own comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of SEO performance and build the right dashboards to track and socialize performance.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with 3 years performing SEO at Strategist/Lead level or above.
- Up to date knowledge on search engine algorithm updates. Expert in optimizing for Google, Bing. Familiarity with optimizing for Naver, Yandex and Baidu a plus.
- Experience with App optimization, App store optimization and PWAs preferred
- Experience auditing and implementing Schema markup using JASON-LD
- Direct experience with implementation of rel=”alternate” hreflang
- Must be familiar with JIRA, comfortable writing JIRA tickets and knowledgeable about agile workflows.
- Extensive experience working with Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Google Trends, Stat, etc.
- Solid analytical skills. Google Analytics certification required. Familiarity with Adobe Analytics a plus.
- Strong project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail, requiring minimal supervision
- Familiarity with RegEx required and ability to write API calls a plus.
- ResultProficientcy in Excel (functions, pivots, etc.). Tableau experience a strong bonus.
- Creative problem-solving skills with focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes.
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design to Content
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably one another language with a high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively – Proficiency in Powerpoint
- Passion for SEO – up to date on current trends, active in the SEO community
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
Attributes for Success
- Team Player. Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues; highly effective in a matrix environment
- Humble & Hungry. Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game" regardless of prior successes
- Unparalleled Integrity. In good times and bad, lives the UA Way; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel”
- Action Oriented. "Can do" and "does do" attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations
- Accountable. Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self to highest performance standards
- “Gets” Under Armour. Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand
The Company expressly reserves the right to choose the candidate it deems best suited for the position and is in the best interests of both the Company and the employee. It will be at the hiring manager’s discretion in determining whom to interview and select for this role.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.