Lead Software Engineer
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Come join Under Armour and create software to power the future of connected fitness. We’re serious about individual growth and athlete achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their lives through better health & fitness. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add a new lead backend engineer to our Foundational Services organization, which powers an ecosystem of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. In this role, you will build services, tools, and libraries that enable innovations in our suite of applications that span web, wearable devices, and mobile including MyFitnessPal and MapMyFitness.
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make a real-world impact
- Are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Are interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Like learning new programming languages
- Help other teammates grow through mentorship and coaching
- Enjoy designing and building large scale distributed systems while delivering incremental value over the course of the project
- Have a solid understanding of both computer science fundamentals and what it takes to build internet-scale applications. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Have experience working at scale utilizing microservices architectures
- Experience with Java
- High volume Message Queues such as Kafka
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.