Senior Counsel - MyFitnessPalApply Now
Senior Counsel - MyFitnessPal
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Execute the Legal function for Connected Fitness & Digital business initiatives; more specifically:
- Provide strategic, well-reasoned counsel to UA’s Connected Fitness and Digital Teams, including: Digital Global Partnerships, Global Engagement, Engineering, E-Commerce and Digital Product.
- Primarily responsible for structuring, drafting, reviewing, analyzing, negotiating and interpreting a wide range of complex business contracts.
- Serve as an embedded business partner with Connected Fitness and Digital Teammates in connection with engagement of external parties and execution on strategic projects and initiatives.
- Provision of general counseling to Connected Fitness and Digital Teammates on digital product development and drafting of all legal terms and conditions required for the commercialization and use of such products.
- Structure, draft, review, analyze, negotiate and interpret business contracts pertaining to initiatives undertaken by key Digital and Connected Fitness stakeholders; namely: Digital Global Partnerships, Global Engagement (e.g., content production agreements, including rights acquisition agreements, writer, production and talent agreement, and digital media and marketing agreements), Engineering, E-Commerce, and Product (e.g. Connected Footwear and “Big Data”).
- Embed with internal clients representing all levels of seniority in Connected Fitness and Digital to and serve as a trusted business partner in defining business strategy (related to short, mid, and long-term Business Unit operations and revenue plans), identifying business risks and advising on the commercial deployment and management of digital products.
- Educate Connected Fitness and Digital Teammates on contract provisions and form agreements, terms and conditions, remedies, indemnifications, etc.
- Independently negotiate contractual provisions and ensure product development considerations are made that provide coverage for and mitigate risk related to relevant Data Privacy and Security issues.
- Lead negotiations as predominant voice in the negotiation and resolution of contract disputes with third parties.
- Develop and maintain contract templates, support in development of business and legal processes and implement internal policies to help scale the business and ensure alignment to current business needs, policy demands and legal trends.
- Collaborate with other members of the Legal Team and Procurement in connection with contract terms and relationships as necessary.
- Manage outside counsel engaged to assist with discrete legal matters.
- Strong experience in negotiating and interpreting complex contracts.
- Superior analytic, writing, editing and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and work efficiently in a high-volume, results-oriented environment.
- Highly organized with strong problem solving skills and a drive for efficiency.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage expectations.
- Acute problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrate key interpersonal skills required to effectively counsel internal clients; notably, serve as strategic partner and thought leader and patiently assist internal clients in their preparation for and negotiation of contract documents.
- Ability to bridge different Teammates and functions to create collaborative work relationships.
- Initiative to expand knowledge base of subject matters pertinent to the Connected Fitness and Digital Businesses (e.g., CCPA, GDPR, DAA advertising protocols) to maintain and advance skillset.
- Good people skills and the ability to interface with Business Teammates
- Strong business acumen, creative problem solver with a track record of providing guidance and risk-appropriate, solutions-oriented advice to legal issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of other disciplines, sometimes across regions, cultures and time zones.
- Thrives being part of a Team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues; highly effective in a matrix environment.
- Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game” regardless of prior successes.
- In good times and bad, lives the UA Way – embraces new challenges, takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel” or abdicate responsibility.
- Strong initiative required. Must demonstrate “can do” and “does do” attitude.
- Ability to effectively and authentically engage with challenging people and situations.
- Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self and Team to highest performance standards.
- Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand.
- Sense of humor and ability to manage “fire drills” required.
- Candidate must have 10+ years of firm and/or in-house experience.
- In-house commercial/contract experience with a high growth, fast moving digital company that manifests near constant change and pivots.
- Significant experience working on technology, digital media, marketing and content, IT and engineering services, strategic partnership oriented agreements and strong knowledge of commercial data privacy/security issues.
- Law degree from a reputable university, admitted in good standing with license to practice.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
“In my opinion, the culture at Under Armour is a great reason to work here. We're more than just coworkers, we're teammates.” Gregory Rucker — Product Designer, Ecommerce
“My favorite part about working at Under Armour are my teammates. Each person I’ve met and worked with has been so kind and willing to teach.” Kaleen Iwema — Sr Software Engineer, Connected Fitness
“Our diversity in personalities is what makes us unique. We all come from different cultures, backgrounds and worlds.” Raymon Confiado — Customer Care Specialist, Connected Fitness
“I enjoy being part of a brand that is focused on making you better and working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.” Andrea Morato — Engineering Manager
“Stand for Equality resonates with me because UA champions respect, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, something that wasn’t always popular in sport.” Jarred Gammon — Account Manager, Connected Fitness
“Something unique at UA that I haven’t had in previous companies is employees forming groups to raise awareness of important ideas in the form of Culture Clubs.” Richard Chow — Sr Product Manager, Ad Systems
“It’s clear that everyone wants to help lift you up and achieve your career goals, so if you have big goals UA will help you get there.” Haley Gallup — House Manager
“Hearing how our athletes get excited about our product or future product makes me excited to be a part of such a great brand.” Michael Diliberto — Field experience specialist
“I have always been passionate about technology, health, fitness and sports. By being on the UA Digital team, I get to bring all of my interests together.” Lindy Wong — Field experience specialist