Software Engineer, Data Platform
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
At Under Armour, we’re building the data products and services to power the future of our digital consumer experience.
Performing alongside analytics, data science, and digital marketing teams and across channels such as MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness and UA.com, we’d like you to join our cross-cutting Data Platform team in building real solutions to centralize, enrich, and activate the digital experiences of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add a new Senior Software Engineer to our Data Platform team, which powers the storage, processing, integration and cataloging of our consumer data. In this role, you will work across teams to build pipelines, services, and tools that enable both UA teammates and our consumer endpoints with the data, information, and knowledge to fulfill Under Armour’s mission to make all athletes better.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build, integrate, and maintain services that are critical to Under Armour’s data infrastructure and consumer engagement
- Work across teams up and down the analytic and marketing stacks to understand how to improve or expand our data products and services and get that work on our roadmaps
- Contribute to the mission of the Data Platform today and build the vision for its future
Projects you could work on:
- Overhaul of our centralized consumer data store for analytics and operations: evolving global data regulations require a revised approach for how we manage and respect the data of our consumers throughout the stack.
- Integrate and deploy tooling for consumer identity resolution and marketing activation across our various consumer endpoints: this is a greenfield opportunity to forge a new way of operating across teams as well as data sources and destinations
- Fully realize our vision of event data flows: continue to migrate from batch flows into a federated event model across our landscape and grow into the space of data enrichment via event flows
- Deploy self-service model for analytics teams to publish data into our platform: grow our community of practice for data at UA by facilitating discoverability and sharing of data products across the enterprise
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make a real-world impact
- Are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Enjoy working with and evaluating emerging technologies
- Prefer to own and drive projects from start (requirements gathering) to finish (production deployment)
- Have a solid understanding of both computer science fundamentals and what it takes to build high-volume data products and services. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Knowledge of security and privacy best practices
- Experience with Hive, Spark, Kafka
- Programming knowledge in SQL, Python, Scala, Java
- Experience with AWS data-related services such as EMR, Glue, S3, Redshift, RDS, Lambda
- Experience with Snowflake and related services such as Snowpipe
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.