Associate Counsel, Global PrivacyApply Now
Associate Counsel, Global Privacy
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Associate Counsel for Global Privacy is responsible for implementing data privacy requirements that support Under Armour’s data privacy compliance efforts throughout the business across the globe. This position collaborates with the eCommerce, Retail, Events, Customer Support, Human Resources and Information Technology to deliver on our promise to Make All Athletes Better in a privacy conscious way. Your success will require interpersonal savvy, sound organizational skills, innovative thinking, attention-to-detail and the desire to be part of a fast-paced, high-growth, diverse environment. This role is ideal for a team player with a can-do attitude, a cooperative spirit, sense of humor, and a will to succeed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Under Armour’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and other global data privacy compliance initiatives. Including translating the related requirements into implementation guides.
- Manage and enhance Under Armour's third party privacy due diligence program. Review Privacy Impact Assessments for internal and external operations and assist in ongoing compliance reviews. And, support Under Armour’s ongoing data mapping efforts.
- Respond to direct consumer/user data privacy inquires, and support Customer Support/Customer Happiness related privacy issues.
- Lead compliance projects in support of cross-boarder transfer of consumer and teammate personal data
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES:
- Ability to summarize complex problems, communicate them clearly and reach consensus with teammates
- Ability to leverage technology to coordinate with teams across multiple sites, functional areas, and time zones
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and successfully managing many projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of general Data Privacy laws, including the GDPR
- Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidates include but are not limited to the following:
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for achieving objectives, including when other resources/influencing others outside direct-reporting lines
- Creative and Innovative: Seeks to improve upon the status quo by proactively thinking of better solutions; asks challenging questions to understand others and validate thinking
- Collaborative: Reliable, team-oriented player who succeeds by building working relationships, seeking out and encouraging others with constructive feedback; ability to communicate effectively and articulate ideas and actionable recommendations
- Global Perspective: Understands cultural differences in business and demonstrates respect by adapting to local norms to gain respect and trust
- Strategic: Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to prioritize and contribute to the team’s and UA’s success
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- J.D. required
- 4+ years of experience in an operational privacy role and/or providing operational guidance
- In house Privacy experience preferred
- Certified Information Privacy Professional a plus
- Limited Travel Required
- No relocation provided
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
“In my opinion, the culture at Under Armour is a great reason to work here. We're more than just coworkers, we're teammates.” Gregory Rucker — Product Designer, Ecommerce
“My favorite part about working at Under Armour are my teammates. Each person I’ve met and worked with has been so kind and willing to teach.” Kaleen Iwema — Sr Software Engineer, Connected Fitness
“Our diversity in personalities is what makes us unique. We all come from different cultures, backgrounds and worlds.” Raymon Confiado — Customer Care Specialist, Connected Fitness
“I enjoy being part of a brand that is focused on making you better and working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.” Andrea Morato — Engineering Manager
“Stand for Equality resonates with me because UA champions respect, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, something that wasn’t always popular in sport.” Jarred Gammon — Account Manager, Connected Fitness
“Something unique at UA that I haven’t had in previous companies is employees forming groups to raise awareness of important ideas in the form of Culture Clubs.” Richard Chow — Sr Product Manager, Ad Systems
“It’s clear that everyone wants to help lift you up and achieve your career goals, so if you have big goals UA will help you get there.” Haley Gallup — House Manager
“Hearing how our athletes get excited about our product or future product makes me excited to be a part of such a great brand.” Michael Diliberto — Field experience specialist
“I have always been passionate about technology, health, fitness and sports. By being on the UA Digital team, I get to bring all of my interests together.” Lindy Wong — Field experience specialist