Associate Creative Director - Digital
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
As a critical creative member of Under Armour Global Brand Creative and the Consumer Experience Digital Design team, the Associate Creative Director must have a unique blend of design vision, creativity and business sense to create resonant, brand-driven storytelling and storyDOING. This individual must be a progressive design thinker who canexcel at the craft of design to skillfully articulate global marketing objectives into a creative vision that inspires and captures the hearts and minds of our target consumers, which we call Focused Performers.Finally, the Associate Creative Director must be a proactive and open-minded leader whose primary responsibility will be to lead a team of talented digital designers in facilitating and defining the strategic, creative, and technical implementation of the Under Armour brand across all consumer digital experiences in the UA digital ecosystem: ua.com, devices, social and in-store digital platforms, as well as corresponding initiatives including brand identity, campaign development and global digital guidelines.
- Ideate, concept and design award winning best-in-class design solutions that represents the Under Armour brand through storytelling, presentations, art direction, visual direction, UX, 2D and 3D visual comps, digital prototypes and everything in between.
- Lead global design initiatives as a collaborative effort with team designers, copywriters and production artists to develop, communicate and execute a consumer story from concept phase to final completion that push design experiences for ua.com, experiential, social, web and UX platforms.
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising of direct reports, a broad in-house creative teamand agency partner by showing an ability to be accountable for creative decisions
- Prioritize work streams with Marketing and Operations partners on project developments, timelines and results that demonstrates an ability to understand account management requirements, including strategy, client interaction, resource allocation and timing of project deliverables.
- Work directly and collaboratively with the Creative Director to manage, plan and outline digital creative priorities, strategies and team goals on a daily, weekly, quarterly and annual basis that can be reported out to global and regional counterparts to ensure success in elevating Under Armour’s digital ecosystem.
Education + Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or equivalent: agency, in-house or start-up design experience and interactive work
- 8+ years interactive design experience across a variety of digital platforms, products, UX/UI and interactive design
- 3+ years of experience as a creative lead and people manager
- Leader, Curious, Inventive, Open-minded, Fearless, and Proactive.
- Portfolio with pixel perfect web/mobile/interactive design samples or case studies
- Strong product design foundation in user experience, flows and detailed logic
- Excellent visual design foundation in typography, composition, photo direction,brand identitysystems and digital platforms: web, mobile, interactive and motiondesign
- Visualize and communicate a clear design methodology (including: consumer research, information design, storyboards, concept sketches, mood/color palettes, etc.)
- Leadership ability to find, retain, lead and grow junior design staff through ahands-on approach that requires an ability to lead, listen, coach, inspire and motivate a team of designers to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- Ability to execute tasks within a deadline orientated environment that includes an openness to rapid iteration and short-term problem solving, as well as long-term design vision development
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with core team, cross-functional teams and leadership
- B2C or B2B expertise on known global brands
- Industry experience with tech services, e-commerce and/or retail
- Experience with Figma, Sketch & Adobe CS applications
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Slides, Keynote, Slack
- Deep experience with iOS, aOS and/or app interface design is a plus
- Some travel required (depending on regional needs)
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.