Designer II, Apparel - Team Sports
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
We are searching for a Designer II to focus on and elevate Under Armour Team Sports. The Designer II will focus Team Sports but will also have opportunities to touch all parts of the brand and have access to the latest technologies and innovations. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story, as Under Armour builds and grows their Team Sports legacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work directly under category design director to design and manage multiple product platforms that answers product and merchandising brief, price point and margin target. Collaborate with cross-functional design partners on signature, amp pack and special collections.
- Develop and execute clear and detailed sketches, technical packages and bill of materials (boms).
- Work within an integrated team of design, development and product line management. Act as key point of contact at pod meetings, lab dip approvals and fittings. Make key decisions related to product and procedures.
- Lead creation and presentation of category content (merch pages, decks, mood boards, trim and fabric boards.)
- Present work to leadership at key milestone meetings including style design review and go to market. Presents regularly to cross functional partners at design check points.
- Oversee design and color updates; flat sketches, techpacks and boms
- Influence category policies and procedures related to design. Supervise and coach lower level teammates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA, BFA or BS in Apparel, Graphic or Industrial Design
- 4+ years of experience; Industry experience preferred
- Passion every day to design compelling and cutting-edge product.
- Ability to understand construction and materials; preferably versed in manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to express concepts and ideas through sketching.
- Presentation skills and comfortable working with a group.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and to successfully meet multiple deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to travel
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.