Director, Distribution Operations
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Director, Operations is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership for a high volume, order fulfillment, multi-shift distribution center function. They are responsible for leading and developing an engaging leadership team that efficiently meets distribution productivity goals. The Director is responsible for effectively communicating with Sr. Managers to maintain the most productive and efficient work flow throughout the DH. They are responsible for managing the DH while driving financial success through strategic planning and forecasting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drives a safe work environment and creates a culture of safety by supporting EHS initiatives throughout the DH.
- Works directly with operations Sr. Leadership to achieve building goals through planning and forecasting.
- Provides coaching to direct reports pertaining to their assigned job function.
- Continuously learns, coaches, and deploys continuous improvement tools and techniques to the systems and processes of the DH
- Works with the DH leadership to implement corporate strategy(s) and initiative(s) in a timely and efficient manner
- Drives efficiency in inventory and quality accuracy in DH to ensure shipping/receiving functions at distribution plant are operating at levels which meet customers’ needs and established financial benchmarks.
- Ensure the DH’s performance goals are set and achieved, through the proper execution of performance metrics as it relates to Productivity, Safety, Cost, Quality, and Customer Service.
- Responsible for achieving optimum labor in the DH and least amount of overhead and material costs in the Distribution operation.
- Drives leadership to implement distribution policies and programs which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Evaluates operating budget across functional areas. Alerts management team of cost and labor over run and makes recommendations to drive improvement.
- Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting the DH to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Evaluates the daily operation workload for the DH and establishes expectations around critical business needs to include execution.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with business partners outside of the DH.
- Manage the DH budget and appropriately allocate resources. Find ways to make processes more efficient to save time and money. Achieve results while adhering to budgetary constraints.
- Communicate financial goals and key performance indicators to direct reports.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Subject matter expert in all functions of distribution.
- Experience in the apparel industry strongly preferred.
- Highly skilled with database/spreadsheet programs, and specifically MS Office programs (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MRP software package is required. ( WMI, SAP, FMS)
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing daily work assignments; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE/CRITICAL SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering field, with at least 8 years of related experience in a Distribution environment; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Proven leadership in talent development and people management.
- Experience in the apparel and/or footwear industries strongly preferred.
- Direct responsibility for apparel Distribution Center startups transitioning to full operations, is a plus.
- A proven track record of building strong teams with great results to include attracting great talent and building and maintaining strong relationships across the enterprise.
- A sincere and contagious passion to take the brand to new levels and drive the future of UA Distribution.
- Dynamic and energetic communicator. Ability to communicate in an honest and straightforward manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Business acumen of process flow in Distribution, Logistics and Supply Chain process flow.
- Approachable demeanor. Maintains positive relationships even under difficult circumstances. Has an infectious enthusiasm for the Brand that influences others.
- Smart, creative, and driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency and brings tasks to completion.
- Frequent or continuous standing, lifting, walking and bending.
- Regularly handles objects, tools, and/or controls; reaches with arms; uses cutting device to open or break down cartons.
- May frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds overhead.
- Vision abilities depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The essential functions of the job are usually performed indoors and may rarely be performed outdoors, including during both hot and cold weather. Work performed will be near or involving moving mechanical equipment. Work may be performed at heights of up to 50 feet.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.