Director, Global Benefits and Wellness
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
As a valuable member of the Total Rewards Team, the Director, Global Benefits and Wellness at Under Armour is primarily responsible for strategy, design, communications, administration and compliance of UA’s global benefit and wellness programs, policies and processes.
The ideal candidate will ensure the benefit and wellness programs at Under Armour enhance our ability to attract and retain top talent by providing functional expertise to deliver HR initiatives that support and foster teammate engagement.
Under the supervision of the VP, Global Total Rewards, this individual must be a champion for workplace excellence and putting people first, and a proven successful leader of a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic vision and operational excellence in oversight of global benefits (28 countries across LATAM, EMEA and APAC – and growing!)
- Review and administer global benefits programs, recommend modifications including improvement initiatives and plans which support UA’s strategy; set-up benefit programs in new countries.
- Manages U.S. benefits activities, including benefit health, wellness, welfare, defined contribution plans, including vendors, program financials and policies for teammates. Drives effective communication of benefit strategies and programs.
- Manages the annual Benefits Open Enrollment processes and renewals.
- Ensures compliance with all benefit programs in accordance with location specific regulatory and legislative requirements; specifically in the U.S. with provisions of ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ACA and other local regulatory and legislative requirements; coordinates preparation of filings – specifically in the U.S. with federal and state agencies, including IRS and DOL and other regulatory agencies.
- Establishes and monitors budgets. Prepares financial reports to provide to leaders with understanding of benefit costs and trends to support efficient and effective delivery of benefit programs.
- Monitors administrative costs and pricing of benefit programs and recommends cost containment strategies, including alternate methods of administration.
- Prepares business cases for benefit reviews, renewals and proactively identifies industry and regional trends.
- Serves as primary contact for broker and plan vendors.
- Manages strong cross-functional relationships with payroll, finance, legal, compliance, facilities, communications, IT and other HR colleagues including the regional HR teams.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Be a champion for innovation in the benefit and wellness space. Know what best in class companies are doing and look to integrate best practices into the UA processes.
ADDITIONAL CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Experience in design and implementation of benefits and wellness programs across multiple geographies
- Technical knowledge of benefits design (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), deferred compensation, etc.)
- Proven, influential leadership skills
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency and is energized by speed
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority
- Ability to operate in a face-paced environment with competing priorities
- Flexible and comfortable to roll-up your sleeves, used to being hands-on
- Extraordinary communication skills – both oral and written
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, human resources or related field preferred; MBA a plus
- Ten (10) to twelve (12) years of experience in benefits with a focus on innovative, fast growing workforce; preferably gained while working for a global, matrixed organization
- Strong understanding of interdependencies in program and systems design, legal and tax and financial implications of benefits and wellness, globally
- Benefits leadership experience in a large, global company
- Strong coaching and staff development skills
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.