Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Global Director, Made for Outlet is responsible for developing and leading the implementation of the vision, strategy & tactics for the MFO business resulting in sustainable, profitable growth and Brand health for UA. Core responsibilities will include long range and seasonal oversight of the: end-to-end product creation process, go-to-market operational effectiveness and increased Margin contribution of the MFO products across apparel (majority) & footwear. This leader will work cross-functionally throughout UA to inspire a collaborative and supportive operating environment and be a consensus-builder who drives results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include establishing and meeting MFO financial goals; P & L management with a focus on bottom line growth, setting the global MFO vision, Brand protection/enhancement and global business strategy. This person will be charged with overseeing the value-engineering of existing platforms, as well as finding new impactful opportunities for profitable growth.
- Relationship Management – Internal leader and liaison to the Regional & Global Category teams to ensure successful alignment and executive execution of agreed upon business strategies.
- P&L Responsibility – Drive growth and profitability of the MFO business to achieve financial and strategic goals.
- Category Voice & Positioning – Lead the MFO business strategy across Product, Merchandising and Development to create and execute on long term vision and plan.
- Go To Market Strategies – Owns GTM process & strategies for the Global MFO business. Align internal parties across Category, Product, Sales, and other cross-functional partners. Set and manage budgets for all touch-points.
- Partner with Product Teams - Be an active, influential and integrated part of the product team to ensure MFO deliver incremental business to the Marketplace from a category standpoint. Have in depth knowledge of the business, calendar, market needs and trends.
- Consumer and Business Analytics – Collaborate with internal and external partners to define the target consumer and develop metrics to evaluate our effectiveness in reaching that consumer. Use consumer research and business analysis to understand the competition, channel dynamics, consumer segmentation & positioning, product segmentation and sales performance.
- Leadership – Build a great team. Leads and influences across a variety of functions in support of the MFO team, including but not limited to Product, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, etc.
- Strong understanding and experience in the brand building or signature athlete space.
- Track record and proven success in leading and growing a global business.
- Strong business and financial acumen with strengths in areas critical to the category and knowledge of the market and consumer.
- Ability to develop strategic marketing plans (long and short-term) and lead marketing vehicle prioritization (from advertising all the way through in-store).
- Outstanding leadership skills. A leader with superior inspirational qualities who creates an atmosphere in which people work together enthusiastically and co-operatively to produce outstanding results and drives a passion to win. Ability to attract top talent from within and outside the organization.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority.
- Possesses a strong point of view and is able to clearly articulate vision and strategy. Ability to “make a decision” and stand by it. Decisive in the face of ambiguity.
- Thinks consumer-first and drives relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty for UA.
- Strong understanding of product construction and cost-engineering of apparel and footwear.
- A deep desire to get to “root cause”; able to synthesize complex or diverse information, while using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Pushes beyond the obvious and is comfortable going into “unchartered” territory in setting direction for the team and organization.
- Flexible and comfortable with a roll-up-your sleeves environment. A natural propensity to be hands-on.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA required. MBA is helpful but not mandatory.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience at a sports organization.
- Experience in multiple consumer products business disciplines preferred (i.e. Retail, Sales, Brand Marketing).
- Experience leading a team. Experience and success managing multi-million dollar budget and owning P&L accountability.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (5-10%)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.