Director, North America Merchandising - Footwear
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
At Under Armour, our products have a compelling story to tell: Everything Makes you Better. The Merchandising Team connects the right products to the right consumers to meet their needs. This position will support and execute on UA’s overall brand, category and regional strategies in a specific distribution channel of North America.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Regional Accountability for revenue, share, productivity and sell through of product assortment.
- Accountability for long term revenue growth and line adoption rates within North America as well as share of the market.
- Key Contact and facilitator between North America Commercial teams and Global Run Team
- Leading footwear coordination in the North America Marketplace across all categories
- Consolidating all NA commercial feedback into singular direction surrounding market opportunities and consumer insights. Example topics include: trends, assortment needs, product pricing, etc.
- Segmenting and assorting the product line between the NA channels
- Regional Pricing and markdown decisions to help manage inventory in the market across multiple points of distribution.
- Management of shipping windows and product flow within the region for the category.
- Own business metrics (including: sales history, market trends, account requirements, competition, product mix and price points) and apply this information during the product briefing phase.
- Go-to-market operational discipline. Ensuring deadlines are met to effectively bring strategies to life
- Mastery of Retail Math, Product demand, Forecasts and inventory levels
- Driving cross-functional productivity with Sales, Finance, Visual Merchandising, Planning and Marketing to deliver against performance metrics.
- Driving category and regional strategic objectives.
- Coaching and Management of direct reports.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
The role will need to work cross-functionally throughout UA’s matrixed environment in a collaborative, supportive way. We need a goal oriented individual, who can drive consensus, operate with direction to provide clear paths toward business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a clear communicator and strong operator with a minimum of 8 years of experience in retail, merchandising, or product development positions. The individual will likely have experience in a well-regarded consumer products company, and a professional/personal involvement and/or relationship with performance apparel.
The candidate will need a proven ability to optimize product assortments and demonstrate a strong eye for curating product. This role will operate across various consumer channels so Omni or X-channel merchandising experience expected, but not required.
Education: An undergraduate degree is required.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.