Financial Analyst - Factory House
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour’s vision is to be the #1 performance athletic company in the world. To help achieve this goal, the executive team is committed to building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) team whose sole focus is to develop core competencies and sustainable competitive advantages in the areas of strategic planning, financial planning and analysis, executive-level decision support, and strategy execution.
The Financial Analyst, Factory House FP&A will be a key member of this team and will report directly to the Manager of Factory House FP&A. This position will work closely with the executive and management teams of the company, and therefore demands a commitment to develop an understanding of Under Armour’s business that is both broad and deep across the entire North American outlet channel.
- Support the Factory House planning and reporting process by leading in-depth financial/strategic analyses, interpreting results, and articulating actionable recommendations that maximize shareholder value
- Prepare and provide analyses of different business models and scenarios related to the planning and forecasting of UA’s outlet business.
- Coordinate with functional leaders to develop and articulate their financial plans, forecasts, and provide ad-hoc analysis based on data
- Prepare analyses and content to facilitate Factory House business reviews and/or long-term strategic reviews
- Provide visibility to the financial impact of various risks and/or opportunities arising from variations within, and across the business units.
- Prepare and manage in depth margin forecasts and analysis to understand variations to the forecast.
- Prepare and manage key SG&A aspects of the outlet business including forecasting, budgeting, accruals/reclasses, monthly close, and capital expenditures/depreciation.
- Bachelor’s Degree – finance or accounting
- 2-5 years of progressive experience in Finance, Business Analysis, Strategy, or Corporate Development
- Demonstrated expertise in Financial concepts and applications
- Solid understanding of Accounting rules and regulations
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (including executive team) and articulate ideas, analysis results, and actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated leadership skills, willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done, and commitment to challenging the status-quo to make things better
- Ability to work independently and identify information and/or resources needed to complete assignments
- Experience with building and maintaining complex financial models
- Expertise in cash flow valuation, scenario/sensitivity analysis, Capital Expenditures, ROI, NPV, and IRR analyses
- Experience working with data warehouse concepts, Corporate planning and consolidation tools, and SAP accounting and reporting
- Experience with building and maintaining standardized reports in SAP planning and consolidation tools is a plus
- Experience working with real estate assets including base rent, percentage rent, CAM, and depreciation is a plus
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.