Lead, Consumer Engagement
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Lead, Consumer Engagement is responsible for developing integrated cross-channel media and consumer engagement plans for our North America wholesale business.
This person will be a key partner in the activation and delivery of media plans that are in line brand and revenue KPIs. To be successful in the role, previous experience in communications planning, digital strategy, performance-based media and offline planning is required.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Global Media to give input into media framework for Global campaigns. Tailor and activate in country media and consumer engagement plan from the Global Directive.
- Partner with Category NA Marketing for Region owned or adapted work to develop and activate the media plan while collaboratively building the full consumer engagement plan with functional experts.
- Partner with Canada Consumer engagement peer to articulate the full North America plan for assigned categories.
- While driving media plan in the United States for assigned categories, the Lead will also be responsible for driving the holistic consumer engagement plan across cross function partners in events, PR, performance marketing and owned social channels.
- Collaborate with Global Consumer Engagement team on the Global Social platforms to plan content, programing and events to also drive the NA brand and revenue KPIs
- Within each campaign and across the season, plan and deliver, with peers, the full NA programing calendar for media and consumer engagement. Inclusive of Audience, KPIs, Budget and content.
- Develop and approve ,with Sr leadership, media and consumer engagement plans, including content, platforms, flighting, reach and budget.
- Create a measurement framework and identify robust media KPIs to map their correlation to brand and business KPIs.
- Accountable in region to performance through agreed KPIs and budgets.
- Create and maintain performance scorecarding and communication in region and with Global Media.
- Drive breakthrough integrations across media and publishing platforms to drive brand consideration, affinity and revenue.
- Drive tactical execution, analysis and optimization across all channels in campaign.
- Manage day-to-day relationships across multiple media agencies to deliver KPIs within agreed budget.
- Manage regional strategic partnerships across media agency, publishers, networks, and platforms in partnership with Global Media where there are Global contracts.
- Maintain clear communication with brand and category teams, senior management, and multiple creative and media agency partners to ensure seamless plan.
- Create and improve processes for collecting/analyzing data, evaluating the impact of our programs, and providing actionable insights for the future.
- Develop and maintain a test and learn agenda built to pilot new content formats, ad technologies, partners, and platforms.
- Articulate and visualize various emerging trends and behaviors across the entire regional media landscape
- Establish best practices to ensure teams take full advantage of proprietary and syndicated tools to deliver results
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first, distill insights and drive relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty for UA
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Team building and leadership – Able to influence others, drive consistent execution, effectively address challenges and lead a team of peers to solutions
- Business Acumen – Agile decision-making, entrepreneurial nature, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment.
- High Initiative- Able to create and drive plans independently. High level of curiosity and inventive thinking to differentiate our Brand.
What have you accomplished already?
- Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s degree required
- Work Experience: 7+ years’ communications and media planning experience
- High digital aptitude and ability to build plans along a consumer journey leveraging many tactics.
- Collaborative and can lead to get the best out of their teammates.
- Strong Analytical skills to transform data to insights to strategy
- Thrives in a fast pass, entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly curious and can effectively balance building foundational capabilities while innovating and finding emerging opportunities.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.