Manager, Retail Pricing Optimization
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Pricing is a key driver of Under Armour’s future profitability and success. As a DTC Pricing Lead, you will play a pivotal role in executing pricing decisions and evolving pricing capabilities in our North America DTC business. You will be a key member of this team reporting directly to the Business Planning Manager, Retail. This position will be an integral business partner responsible for challenging and supporting the leadership team, anticipating business issues, and driving good decision-making.
- Develop and implement long and short-term pricing strategies for North America DTC business
- Bring data and analytics to support pricing decisions, helping to proactively recommend opportunities
- Support all DTC pricing initiatives including markdown optimization, in-season visualization, and promo effectiveness
- Coordinate seasonal refresh activities with the Global Pricing team
- Execute markdown optimization model and all associated processes including identifying articles to mark, article mapping, updating data flows, scenario analysis, and taking further marks
- Work with the merchant and planning teams to review optimized price recommendations, apply discretion, and finalize markdown decisions
- Provide ad hoc analysis and support to DTC leadership on pricing-related decisions (promo/clearance strategy, inventory impact, forecast accuracy)
- Serve as pricing liaison in weekly business meetings and provide executive recapping around pricing-related business performance
- Ability to lead strategic projects in a complex business environment
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Proficiency in Excel, financial modeling, scenario/sensitivity analysis
- Experience with analyzing big data sets via data structuring and visualization tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong presentation skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to partner with and influence others
- Possess an unwavering commitment to excellence
- Willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done-done-done, and commitment to challenging the status-quo to make things better
- Consistently producing results that exceed expectations
- High integrity
- Humble & Hungry
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- Minimum 3 years planning or financial analysis experience at an elevated level in a progressive & growth focused retail organization
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.