Lead, Instructional Designer
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Instructional Designer’s primary responsibility will be responsible designing and developing both online and print training materials following principles of adult learning theory and Under Armour’s training standards. Additional responsibilities may also include the design and development of instructor led training. The role presents a significant opportunity for a highly skilled professional to provide direction and guidance on the design and development of training for multiple modalities (including mobile training).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- Assess appropriate training delivery methods based on results of a comprehensive needs analysis
- Design and develop online training including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
- Design and develop product knowledge online training and print training materials
- Design and develop instructor led training
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Develop training materials that are aligned with adult learning principles and instructional design theories
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of materials and delivery
- Previous instructional design and instructor-led training experience
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and innovative training delivery methods
- Skilled in instructional design methodology
- Expert in course development software (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, etc.) and at least one Learning Management System
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Experience in developing online training for both desktop and mobile devices
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Viewed as a trusted advisor with a successful track record in building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of the organization
Education and/or Experience
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-6 years of instructional design and training experience
- Retail experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.