Merchant, Category - Accessories
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Merchant, Accessories – Will support and execute on UA’s overall brand and channel strategy in the Accessories category, with a specific focus on the $200M Headwear business. Core responsibilities will include managing revenue, inventory efficiency and go-to-market operational effectiveness of the Accessories category. This role will work cross-functionally throughout UA to build a collaborative, supportive operating environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and optimize product assortments within the global range that will maximize potential for revenue and profit across regions and accounts. Primary responsibility will be the headwear business and will also support the remainder of the UA Accessories line.
- Support the merchandising vision and business strategy for the Accessories category in partnership with the Category Merchant and Accessories GM.
- Partner with a team of cross functional experts assigned to the same category that include planning, product, sourcing/development, and finance.
- Support the category merchandising leads of other key business units to ensure full brand alignment and maximize market opportunity of headwear and accessories products.
- Create a merchandising flow calendar that identifies key items, year-over-year business opportunities, sales trends, and product launches appropriate to the product category.
- In partnership with Category Merchant, support and actively participate in cross-functional meetings.
- Analyze historical sales performances and use as influence in making merchandising strategies for future assortments.
- Foster positive relationships with regional partners, soliciting their feedback and insight as to product needs and consumer reactions to product assortments and items for headwear and supporting all of Accessories.
- Analyze and clearly communicate competitive positioning, market opportunities and segmentation strategies to influence the product assortments globally.
- Provide direction to Product partners regarding market opportunities, consumer insights, and product assortments
- Partner with the Product team in assorting the category, focusing on strategic targets, local market characteristics, budgets and SKU counts
- Strong awareness of the impact and implications of decisions
- Operate and maintain Merchandising and Product Line Management systems (Armoury, Trasix, etc) for the entire Accessories business.
- Ability to build cross-functional working relationships
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a variety of go-to-market models (direct-to-consumer, wholesale, retail, etc) in a highly-matrixed organization
- Detail oriented, comfortable with data driven decision making
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of merchandising or product experience
- Global industry experience in consumer products preferred
- Ability to travel for work
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suit
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.