Planner II, Category - Outdoor & Run
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Outdoor and Run Planner II will own and lead the merchandise planning function on behalf of Category teams. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing brand and be the driver in this category. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. You will play a key role in the creation of the Category Merchandise Plan at the style level and the modeling of major product decisions (e.g. segmentation, exclusivity, markdowns, price strategy, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Create top line and divisional sales, demand and SKU targets
- Execute and collaborate on a strategic vision for the line architecture for the category
- Forecast category demand globally, regionally and as needed by channel for seasonal and long range plans
- Set guardrails on size, growth, and inventory composition with regions
- Review/analyze complex historical data/ trends to optimize future forecasts and to inform strategies and action plans
- Assess and report on category sell-in and sell-through performance
- Work closely with the Category Merchant and GM, Regional Merchandise Planners, and Planning Center of Excellence
- Manage deliverables in accordance with the planning calendar
- Leadership skills to provide a point of view to teammates and execute on Planning and Merchant vision
- Very strong analytical skills to collect, process and interpret data to influence product strategies and plans
- Communication skills to clearly explain forecast logic to cross-functional stakeholders and influence key decisions
- Ability to analyze complex quantitative data
- Problem solving skills to identify root cause and potential solves of reporting and forecasting anomalies
- Track record of hitting project timelines
- Attention to detail, strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong aptitude with retail math and forecasting methodology
- Excel skills and data management skills are imperative
- Excellent partnership, collaboration, and presentation skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or related experience
- 4-6 years merchandise planning/ store planning, inventory or other business planning experience
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.