PLM, Accessories - Headwear
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Role is a PLM in support of the Accessories business including bags and headwear
- Create salable product lines that entice the target audience
- Clearly and effectively present line to upper management, merchandise (global & regional) and sales teams
- Quarterbacks the Design, Product Development, Commercialization and Sourcing process to ensure product is built in accordance with line architecture
- Provide line direction regarding product assortments, ensuring execution of brand strategies and product initiatives
- Partner with Category Merchants to ensure product is aligned with merchant storytelling across all categories.
- Partner with Design and Development to ensure each product is achieving target margin, delivery dates and quality standards
- Strong knowledge of latest innovations, materials, fabrication methods, and colors
- Conduct market research to identify trends and market opportunities to maintain competitive edge; including product focus groups and wear testing
- Maintain communication with Sales, Buyers and Regional Merchant Teams
- Partners with the sales teams, merchandising and marketing to analyze sales results, new trends, information from key accounts and competitors as a feedback for quick response to market opportunities and continuous improvement of the apparel business
- Manage and monitor product demand, forecast and inventory levels alongside planner to build business
- Ensure that approved calendars and timelines are met, and that systems reflect accurate data
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals.
- 1-4 years of product line management experience, preferably in the sports apparel or accessories industry
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year University or equivalent work experience
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.