PLM, Apparel - Men's Sideline
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
COMPANY HISTORY AND VISION
It started with a simple plan to make a superior T-shirt. A shirt that provided compression and wicked perspiration off your skin rather than absorb it. A shirt that worked with your body to regulate temperature and enhance performance. Founded in 1996 by former University of Maryland football player Kevin Plank, Under Armour is the originator of performance apparel - gear engineered to keep athletes cool, dry, and light throughout the course of a game, practice, or workout.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand. That demand has created an environment of growth. Today, with millions of unique registered users across UA’s Connected Fitness community, the brand is resonating with more athletes than ever before, and we’re investing to change the way athletes live.
UA is an environment where building a great team is vital, and where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace. Our teammates and the world’s hungriest athletes alike, live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Provide Product direction for the Men’s Team Sideline business from concept to market regarding product assortments, ensuring execution of brand strategies and product initiatives.
- Drive the product development process with Design, Merchandising, Development, Sourcing, Materials and Planning to commercialize product from concept stage to market.
- Create salable product lines that entice the target audience
- Conduct market research to identify trends and market opportunities to maintain competitive edge; including focus groups, survey data and wear testing.
- Conduct regular market and consumer research, industry and competitive analyses
- Maintain communication with sales, planning, merchandising and marketing teams to analyze sales results, review information from key accounts and competitors to and inspire new trends to inform and drive the business forward
- Responsible for creating and delivering product briefs to the POD team based on consumer insights, trend, story and commercial goals.
- Lead the Design & Development Teas to ensure that product creation calendars and timelines are met.
- Drive communication with the POD team with ultimate accountability for margin targets.
- Own all data management in systems.
- Ability to multi-task across categories and functions
- Knowledge of apparel construction, generation, market need and requirements.
- Clear, concise, professional and organized written and oral communication skills as this role will have constant interaction with the product teams and cross-functional partners
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of data systems and programs, including but not limited to; Armoury, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills- be a highly skilled presenter who can present/sell-in to all levels of the organization who can communicate a clear, inspiring vision
- Self starter who brings a level of passion, enthusiasm and focus to their day to day business and can guide/collaborate with their partners with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Keen eye and interest in trend and design
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5+ years of Experience
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.