Principal, Digital Operations and Strategy
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for a Principal, Digital Operations and Strategy. This position reports directly to the Chief Digital Officer. The ideal candidate will assist in the strategic and operational planning and direction of administrative, financial, and operational activities for the brand’s global Digital team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Chief Digital Officer and administrative staff to organize and manage the collective Digital Teams calendars to ensure 100% coverage of the critical team responsibilities and to cover required UA corporate needs
- Serve as the point person for Digital Operations on related projects
- Support the CDO and Digital Leadership team to prioritize the “critical” activities and work with the team to ensure resources get funneled towards those activities.\
- Ensure information and upcoming steps are understood and actionable by the teams. Working across functions to coordinate detailed activity
- Communicate upcoming processes and steps to functions via reliable and repeatable forums
- Develop and drive communications for the Digital team – to the CEO and their top line, the entirety of the Digital team, and across the broader UA organization
- Act as a core counselor to the CDO and the Digital leadership team in developing their overall agenda and in approaching their daily/weekly/monthly interactions with executive leadership
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist Digital Directors + with project management, analysis and tracking
- Serve as primary liaison to corporate communications and public relations teams as needed
- Draft all internal and external communications, including official correspondence; inter-departmental memorandums; project reports & articles
- Provide oversight, guidance and administrative tracking to high-value projects in partnership with executive assistant
- Partner with corporate finance to produce, track and interpret a variety of financial reports including departmental budget; expense and travel authorizations; cost benefit reporting for departmental purchases; and independent contractor / freelancer relationship agreements
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- Strong project management skill
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and strong knowledge of technology landscape
- Ability to multitask in high pressure environment
- Has proven senior management experience
- Results/action-orientation; project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Organizational agility; developed negotiation skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Credibility as a senior-level operations leader
- Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with technology and solutions, customers and vendor groups
- Resilience and resourcefulness
- Travel approx. 30%, dependent on business deliverables
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6-8 years’ work experience in a high-growth dynamic operating environment, with 4-6 years in operational and/or project management roles
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.