Professional, Data Steward
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is searching for a motivated Professional, Data Steward that will be responsible for the management and proficiency of master data stored in our organization. You will join a results oriented team and participate in the design, implementation, maintenance and support of our data governance program to make better, more informed decisions. This is a key role on the Master Data team and will work closely with functional and technical leaders and users to define, develop and implement our data governance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gather, understand, and document enterprise data process requirements, functional requirements, and data quality requirements to establish trusted data sources and ensures the right controls are built around the flow of creation and maintenance of master data through the organization
- Partner with other Data Stewards to capture and maintain a comprehensive global data dictionary and business glossary; along with developing and implementing global data standards, policies and procedures
- Develop integrated solutions and recommendations for critical processes in collaboration with functional, operational, and technical partners to understand the impacts of changes within and across master data domains and impacts to downstream processes and transactions
- Strive to obtain subject matter expertise by maintaining contact with key knowledge sources to promote agile, accurate, and high-quality data through the enterprise data life cycle
- Create and maintain global master data SOPs, work instructions etc. for continuous improvement of data governance standards and processes based upon leading practices, evolving industry trends, expanding operational capabilities etc.
- Improve processes regarding data flow and quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value
- Build and maintain data quality dashboards
- Some data maintenance of master records may be required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, business, statistics, economics, computer science or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of tools, methodologies and problem-solving approaches in the area of data governance best practices.
- Deep understanding and demonstrated ability to adapt to complex international business environments and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate, persuade and communicate the value of data integrity and governance
- Demonstrated experience defining, motivating and driving change across stakeholders.
- Possess strong knowledge of business process, data or information management, and data quality standards and processes.
- Must understand the importance and benefits of good data quality and champion results across functions.
- Strong attention to detail, process orientation and business acumen.
- Focus on accuracy and quality of work.
- High sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Ability to learn multiple internal and external programs and systems.
- Ability to analyze data from multiple sources, driving accurate data being communicated to outside departments.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
- Pragmatic, analytical problem solver with a solutions oriented mindset.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and deliver solid action-oriented results quickly.
- Knowledge of key concepts around master data management preferred.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with demonstrated ability to interface with a variety of cross functional business and IT partners.
- A sincere and contagious passion for building Under Armour. A fit with our cultural values.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.