Regional Director, East
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Regional Director is a key leadership role in our retail field organization, who will make an instant impact to the business, by taking full responsibility of their assigned region to execute strategic regional plans to achieve sales goals and be a liaison for information at all levels of the retail field department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for regional ownership of their job, team, and be accountable for the results (potential revenue equaling over $500M+).
- Build the Under Armour brand within the outlet and full price retail environment through strong communication with regional team.
- Drive and execute a Service Culture in each of our stores.
- Establish and execute strategic regional plans to achieve forecasted Sales and Contribution Margin goals.
- Provide knowledge, insight, influence, leadership and mentoring to direct report districts and stores.
- Become accountable and, in turn, hold team accountable for performance in the areas of customer service, people, product and operations.
- Act as a conduit for information from the stores at district level, peer level and up to the business partners.
- Has commitment to a minimum of 60% travel schedule, including overnights and weekends (as needed).
Sr. District Manager(s), District Manager(s)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consistently produces great results at the functional team level
- Fully accountable for their own execution, including budget, and that of their team
- Set’s stretch personal and team goals, and achieves them
- Solves problems!
- Inspires confidence from their achievements that they will deliver. Done! Done! Done!
- Goes the extra mile to ensure functional team success in every endeavor
- Leadership: Hires, develops, and inspires a highly capable team
- Attracts great talent
- Empowers and motivates their teammates through aggressive goals, passionate motivation, an approachable style, and walking the talk themselves. Values other’s views
- Generates alignment to the Business Unit’s vision through personal passion, commitment, and strong communication
- Creates a sense of urgency
- Lives and inspires the Under Armour Culture throughout the Company
- Lives for the Company values in their everyday interactions
- Inspires the values in direct reports and peers, and holds them accountable
- Commits time and energy above and beyond to the success of Company and our people
- Represents UA in a powerful way outside of the Company
- Executes on a strategic plan that creates a unique advantage for UA in the market place
- Develops operational objectives and tactical plans to achieve strategies
- Completes complex projects that have a long-range impact on the Company
- Has a deep knowledge of their functional area at an operators level
- Understands the levers that drive superior business performance
- Has VP, Head of Store, as well as their team’s trust
- Delivers what is promised
- Independent thinker who pushes for what is best for the Company
- Opinion is sought out for critical decisions as it pertains to their function
- Provides leadership and thinking that is valuable to Senior Leaders and peers. Collaborates
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and differing priorities in a constantly changing and demanding environment using excellent organizational, communication, negotiation and scheduling skills.
- Strong working knowledge of recruitment network in region.
- Strong business acumen and skill set which enables the management and development of staff.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university required.
- 10+ years of retail multi-management experience, including District Manager. ,
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.