Senior Manager, Indirect Tax
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
This individual will manage the Company’s North America indirect tax team, initiatives, and processes for sales/use taxes, goods and services taxes, gross receipts taxes, personal and real property taxes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the North America indirect tax team
- Drive best practices for North America indirect tax policies, processes, and technology
- Manage US sales & use tax initiatives, outsourced compliance processes, and audits
- Manage Canadian goods and services tax initiatives, compliance processes, and audits
- Manage real and personal property tax outsourced compliance processes and audits
- Develop and manage real and personal property tax planning initiatives including valuations and appeals
- Optimize and maintain the Company’s tax technology systems partnering with the Company’s Information Technology, Direct-to-Consumer, and Procurement teams
Technical Attributes of Ideal Candidates include but are not limited to the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA is a plus
- 9 or more years of proven indirect tax experience in public accounting or in the internal tax department of a global or US multi-state corporation
- Experience with large-scale indirect tax business processes and data flows preferred
- Experience managing all aspects of sales/use and goods and services tax compliance
- Experience managing multi-state personal property tax compliance
- Experience researching complex multi-state sales and use tax issues
- Experience leading all aspects of sales and use tax audits
- Experience leading all aspects of state and local income personal property tax audits
- Experience with tax technology software required - Vertex OSeries, Vertex SAP Accelerator, SAP, and Analysis for Office preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience with indirect tax research software (RIA/CCH/BNA) preferred
- Strong skills in managing and developing managers and staff
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Willingness to assist with any tax or accounting department initiatives
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.