Sr Designer, Accessories - Men's
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Sr. Designer, Accessories
The Sr. Designer, Accessories will be responsible for assisting the design team as they bring the vision of product to life. The Sr. Designer will also work with other designers, product managers and developers. Under Armour offers a work environment that is collaborative and team oriented. We are an authentic brand that pushes the envelope every day; innovation is a key part of our success. We are looking for a Sr. Designer who is willing to learn and develop a strong point of view built on inspirations and ideas.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Be the key partner in helping create brand identity and distinctive Under Armour Accessories offerings with a creative and current design vision.
- Support Design Team by presenting a collection story to our customers under aggressive timelines.
- Develop and execute clear and detailed technical kits for Sourcing / Development to manage execution with Vendors
- Interact cross functionally with PLM’s, Sourcing, Developers, Quality, Production, Wear Test, and Materials on seasonal line development
- Manage merchandising pages and own color management of the line.
- Ensure processes are up-to-date and being held to UA standards.
- Build presentation files
- Be able to stand as a creative point person for the Accessories Team
- Communicate with Sourcing, Development, and Product partners on a daily basis to ensure Brand connectivity
- Own the creative process for Accessories including partnering with Development to drive innovation in materials, fit, form, or function
- BA or BFA in Apparel or Product design
- 5+ years of Apparel design related experience, working in the Accessories industry preferred
- Graphic background preferred
- Willingness to travel
- Passion to design compelling, innovative product
- Exceptional skills in hand illustration
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Solid understanding of construction and textiles, including price points and merchandising needs.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.