Sr Director, North America Ecommerce
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Sr. Director of NA eCommercewill be a key player on the senior leadership team for the Under Armour NA Digital Revenue channel. This individual will be responsible for defining the regional strategy for eCommerce operations and creating a world-class digital shopping experience for the North American Under Armour consumer. In addition, this individual will be responsible for fostering cross functional relationships with the following global teams: Software Engineering & Tech, Product Management, Category Management, and Consumer Engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and develop the team responsible for key business success within NA Under Armour eCommerce.
- Lead and navigate cross-functional teams including other eCommerce, Connected Fitness, Retail, and Wholesale, as well as, new distribution channels to engage our customers in a whole new way with the ultimate goal of growing revenue.
- Define and own shared metrics across groups. Establish strong relationships among cross-functional groups to deliver on these shared team goals.
- Develop product vision and strategy for our consumer facing products balancing business needs with technological capabilities
- Work with product teams to establish and execute on an effective, prioritized roadmap to deliver on key revenue driving initiatives.
- Increase our understanding through analysis of what our core customers want and do on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Measure eCommerce performance, working closely to identify KPI’s, success metrics, and areas for growth
- Evaluate new technologies and partners for inclusion into the Under Armour ecosystem
- Bring a true user-centered (athlete-centered) approach through the entire consumer database architecture to ensure we “Make All Athletes Better.”
- A sincere and contagious passion for building the Under Armour brand
- An undeniable representative of our brand mission, vision and values
- Smart, creative, disciplined and driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s) and capable of creating a high sense of urgency when needed.
- Shows visionary thinking and demonstrates expert knowledge to solve complex, organization-wide or externally facing issues
- Strong relationship and consensus building skills
- Track record of hiring, supervising and training high-performance teams to exceed expectations and rise to new levels of excellence
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively present to senior leadership
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail without getting stuck in or derailed by the details
- Highly passionate, problem solver with strong creative and analytical skills
Education and/or Experience
- 15+ years of relevant eCommerce experience
- Proven leader with experience managing a team and P&L for an eCommerce business
- Master’s or another higher education degree preferred.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.