Internal Controls, Corporate
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Summary: Under Armour is looking for a qualified, driven Senior, Internal Controls teammate to help support Under Armour’s Global Internal Controls team. The Senior Accountant will assist in executing the vision for global internal controls compliance with Global support and will interact directly with controllership and global functional process owners. This role provides an exciting opportunity to support UA in our goal to achieve operational excellence and monitoring management’s commitment to those efforts. In addition, this role will also support our UA recurring SOX activities to further drive a clear compliance objective of achieving effective process, risk and control oversight at Under Armour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee key processes SOX and operational controls support activities, which include implementation of both key and non-key operational controls, support the establishment of the current management self-assessment program and continuous risk identification during projects.
- Support the execution of management’s SOX risk assessment and scoping activities to ensure proper risk identification, process and controls linkage for a sustainable internal control framework.
- Lead the UA Operational controls risk assessment and support management’s self-assessment program. Develop, lead and execute the management self-assessment (MSA) program through review of KPI’s and actions plans.
- Ability to analyze large sets of data to support conclusions , controls implementation and key performance indicator (KPI) tracking
- Prepare and review materials for the global internal controls reporting and other critical internal reports.
- Partner with management to identify risks, develop action plans and monitor completion, including assisting.
- Lead and collaboration with management on the development, remediation and follow-thorough for management actions related to exceptions and deficiencies.
- Work independently as needed, leading initiation, execution and completion to finalization and reporting for projects, whether SOX, operational or other special projects defined.
- Apply data analytic skills and risk identification, to support recurring and special projects.
- Liaison with the UA regional Internal Controls Managers, providing clear support for applying standardized processes and controls; support regional standardization and consistency.
- Executing special projects such as process reengineering, root cause analysis for operational control risks and business partner support for key UA initiatives.
- Writing clear, concise reports/documents that communicate key insights and observations to functional/business personnel and various functional leaders.
- Implement efficiency initiatives to improve the Internal Controls processes at UA.
- Serve as a primary resource and/or system administrator relative to our global accounting close and compliance tool.
- Partner with and assist the regional Internal Controls manager on specific local action and projects related to internal controls
- Partner with the IT compliance lead to support IT dependences identified for projects and business process documentation.
- Motivate and team directly with members of management to support effective relationship building and project collaboration.
- Estimated International Travel – 10 to 15%
- Strong organizational skills supported by defined processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to identify and resolve business problems within a team setting
- Understand and document business processes and related internal controls
- Strong analytical/technical skills
- Ability to research and apply to specific scenarios
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound project management skills
- Strong data analytical skills
- Ability to produced flow-charts
- Serve as a resource to the Global Internal Controls team to support Global controls oversight for all UA regions
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with other internal departments, including key functional areas, international accounting, financial reporting, and internal audit
- No initial direct reports. However, the role includes direct teaming with the regional Internal Controls Mangers and summer interns. Additional supervisor responsibilities may be added.
- Estimated International Travel – 10 to 15%
Education and/or Experience
- BS degree in Accounting or Business
- CIA or CPA candidate
- 3-5 years of accounting experience - a mix of public accounting and private/corporate accounting preferred
- Proficiency in software programs such as Excel (V-look up and H-look up expertise), Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Prior ERP Experience - SAP a plus
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.