Sr. Lead - COE Strategist - Global Merchandising
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Reporting to the VP, Global Merchandising COE, this role will be part of the Global Merchandising team and partner & collaborate with Merchants, Merch Planners, & Strategist for multiple Categories in addition to key members of Product Innovation & Development teams. The Sr. Lead, COE Strategist will be given a unique opportunity to drive analysis on consumer insights, macro trends, competitive landscape, and market share to inform portfolio Merchandising strategies as well as business case analysis for strategic shifts. Additionally, the Sr. Lead, COE Strategist will drive and execute the Strategic Long-Range Innovation CPO Process – ensuring that Innovations are effectively managed in the Marketplace to ensure maximum return. Finally, this role will partner with Corporate Strategy, other Group Category Strategy Leads, and Regional Strategy to refine and execute the overall Under Armour strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Strategic Long-Range Innovation CPO Process: Lead & drive the Long Range Innovation strategic process for the Global Product Organizationas the defined project manager responsible creating and coordinating an on-going process to balance often competing Category, revenue and Brand short-term & long-term priorities in partnership with Global Categories, Innovation, Design, Commercialization and Finance Leadership
- Innvation Roadmaps & Overviews: Develp/refine the tools to enable Executive Triad decision-making and provide transparency to Category & cross-functional executives to monitor status of Innovations over time.
- Prcess OPEX: Develp & implement tools/disciplined process that provides Category teammates a platform to inform/influence long range & closer-in Innovation strategies that aligns with Innovation Gate meetings
- Analysis: Perfrm on-going analytics on the CPO Innovation strategy and process to assess potential opportunities & challenges and make recommendations for solutions
- 5 Year Strategic Portfolio Merchandising Process: Create, own and manage the 5 Year Planning Process that helps drive the long-term strategic Merchandising priorities for the Global Product Organization. Responsibilities include partnering with key leaders across the Categories, Innovation & Marketing to create a Cross-Category 5YP overview as well as assist in the development of their 5-year annual business plans. Project management is critical to the success of this process as you will be responsible for managing complex calendars, facilitation of key meetings and communication to drive key strategic investment decisions based on these plans to ultimately support our long-range plans.
- Provide strong problem-solving leadership related to shaping strategic focus and operational execution
- Lead and project managecross-functional initiatives for the COE org from end-to-end.
- Drive integration and assist with development and implementation of an effective operating rhythm
- Maintain strong organizational awareness, coupled with knowledge of business priorities, anticipate seeing around corners
- Develop executive communicationsby synthesizing complex information into compelling presentations to educated and empower senior leadership to drive strategic decisions.
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Deck building
- Presentatin delivery
- Team focused
- Action oriented player who is comfortable driving projects independently, with senior guidance
- Work under pressure quickly, effectively and efficiently
- High relationship ability (able to understand and relate to different teammate audiences across the Company, at all levels – both very senior and junior)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- B.A required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) as well as comparable Apple equivalents
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.