Sr. Lead, Global Store Design - Flagship Concept
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for a qualified, driven Sr. Lead, Global Store Design – Flagship Concept Design to support the Global Store Design & Development team for Under Armour Global Retail on the new concept designs for flagship locations. This position will support in the design of new flagship concepts and coordinate internally with development partners, as well as many cross-functional partners including Visual Merchandising, Operations, and Marketing. This role will be primarily focused on translating retail strategies and consumer insights into physical, engaging and experiential environments bringing the brand to life in a 3-dimensional space. This person needs to be highly creative, a strong problem solver with great presentation/ communication skills and have experience in pinnacle expressions of experience design (pushing the boundaries beyond traditional store design), however understands how deliver against project plans/ construction schedules in a collaborative environment and manages their time effectively. They must also demonstrate the ability to influence others to gain alignment across the organization while ensuring decisions are made at major milestones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports the design of new flagship concepts with a comprehensive understanding of retail strategy to bring the brand to life in a 3 dimensional space.
- Helps to build design strategies and utilizes strategic inputs to inform work.
- Highly creative and experienced in all aspects of the design lifecycle from inception through execution & production of pinnacle locations
- Leads in material & finish selection.
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable utilizing a variety of different visualization mediums of communication
- Can help to manage outside professional design/ architecture firms.
- Is comfortable receiving feedback create solutions that work for a variety of regions and formats.
- Contributes to team goals by achieving target milestones and meeting all established deadlines.
- Deep understanding of architectural and construction methods.
- Can communicate design/ architectural trends, ideas and strategies through illustration, visualization using clear, effective graphic and verbal communications.
- Familiarity with specifications and shop drawings
- Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction to internal and external partners.
- Familiarity with translating design intent into construction details and multiple formats and building footprints
- Supports fixture design - understands materiality, constructability, function and retail requirements for capacity needs and marketing integration
- Has good understanding of lighting and A/V design.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in fast-paced environment to support on special projects.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Accountability - Takes responsibility for achieving team requirements, tasks, and objectives, even if other resources are required. Goes the extra mile to get the work done and meet commitments made to others.
Creativity and Innovation - Seeks to improve upon the status quo by proactively creating new, unique solutions to make UA better. Asks challenging open-ended questions to inspire innovative thinking in other teammates.
Collaboration - Demonstrates reliability, working openly with cross-functional teammates. Takes the lead. Builds working relationships with others, seeking out and encouraging the exchange of constructive feedback.
Global Perspective - Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences when conducting business and interacting with others globally. Adapts behavior to the local culture to demonstrate respect and gain trust.
Strategic Visioning - Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team’s vision for the future. Asks questions to confirm how team priorities support UA’s overall vision.
Building Talent - Seeks opportunities to develop self and other teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance, tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Motivates teammates by sharing objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Min. 8-12 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Professional License track preferred
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production.
- Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Retail experience required
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- General understanding of building codes & environmental regulations.
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch Up and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and build effective working relationships.
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments.
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines.
- Experience in shop drawing reviews.
- Specialty knowledge in HVAC, lighting and energy management systems.
- Time management, prioritization and communication skills.
- Ability to confidently lead work groups of internal stakeholders including visual merchandising, operations, marketing, merchants, it, asset protection and Under Armour leadership.
- Strong team player.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.