Sr. Lead, Procurement Optimization
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
This role is critical to the transformation and ongoing optimization of the Under Armour end-to-end Procurement environment. The individual in this role will be responsible for collaborating with global stakeholders, internal partners, and suppliers to design and implement processes that enable Under Armour to operate in a consistent and controlled manner as we leverage our $1.5B+ of indirect spend in the global marketplace. This role is also responsible for oversight of the Value Attainment Office (VAO) that supports global Smart Spend initiatives, enabling Procurement to integrate with Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) leaders and business unit owners on a monthly basis.
- Drives the strategy on process and tools to be leveraged and utilized by the Indirect Procurement organization
- Collaborates with Global stakeholders to develop process improvements, formulate new strategies, and address feedback to drive the best business outcomes.
- Facilitate the cross functional team (Global Indirect Procurement, Legal, and Finance) adoption of process documentation, templates, and systems that will optimize Indirect Procurement.
- Provide project management and analytical support to leadership for core procurement processes (Ariba, Value Attainment, DocuSign, IPR form, contract/PO workflow, etc.)
- Ownership of the Value Attainment Office that supports Global Smart Spend and Value Attainment initiatives collaborating with financial leadership and the Category Captains and Pros to identify initiatives and calculate financial baseline and track against targets.
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance ensuring the savings are incorporated into the financial calendar milestones (F, LE).
- Ad-hoc projects to support procurement functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
- Experience in SAP and ARIBA required
- Eight or more years of related experience with contracting, strategic sourcing, financial planning, category and supplier management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working within global organizations
- Ability to engage senior leadership independently
- Effectively participates on multiple concurrent strategic projects
- Ability to express complex ideas with strong presentation skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience developing and implementing company policies and procedures
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.