Sr. Manager, FP&A - Global Retail
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
External Job Desc Header
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour’s vision is to be the #1 Performance Athletic Brand in the world. To help achieve this goal, we are building a progressive Financial Planning & Analysis team whose focus is developing core competencies in the areas of FP&A, Decision Support, and Strategy Execution.
The Sr. Manager, FP&A-Global Retail will be a key member of our teams by supporting our short, intermediate, & long-term financial planning processes and support Under Armour’s Global Retail business through processes, controls, reporting, analysis, and standardization.
- Provide financial and strategic support for the Global Retail business and executive leadership.
- Define standardized financial analyses, practices, processes, and controls across Global Retail.
- Support asset reviews of Under Armour’s Global Real Estate assets & aid in articulating regional retail strategies. This includes driving harmonization of UA Real Estate Committee across regions to facilitate financially sound and efficient review/approval process for store investments.
- Support the rollup & analysis of the Global Retail consolidated financial plans/forecasts.
- Lead in-depth financial, trending analysis, and variances for key profitability drivers and KPI metrics. Interpret results and articulate actionable recommendations to maximize profitability at the regional and global levels.
- Partner with the functional leaders across the regions to capitalize on opportunities & mitigate risks to their financial plans/forecasts.
- Drive efficiencies in our processes thru standardization and automation of dashboards, reports, & analytic models.
- Lead ad-hoc analysis & projects including investment/resource allocation & ROI analysis.
- Lead financial analysis of Global Retail investments and initiatives.
- Partner with FP&A leadership across channels and regions to aid in standardized best practices globally
- Lead P&L forecasting, analysis, and management of Global Flagship financials, initiatives, and investment decisions.
- BA/BS required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in Retail, FP&A and/or Business Analysis
- Quantitative & statistical experience with ability to presentation at the executive level
- Consumer Products, Retail Industry or hi-growth environment experience preferred.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to lead and influence others.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and articulate ideas, financial results, and actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to achieve optimal goals and improve existing processes.
- Expertise in Excel, financial modeling, scenario/sensitivity analysis, and ROI, NPV, and IRR analyses.
- SAP/BPC or Hyperion experience preferred.
- Humble & Hungry.
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.