Sr. Merchandise Planner, Digital Wholesale
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour North America Planning is looking for a talented professional to join their Wholesale Planning team. The Sr. Merchandise Planner role is a rare opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing brand and division. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. You will play a key role in the pre-season financial and inventory planning process as well as in-season inventory optimization in a specific product category for our UA North America Digital Pure Play (e.g Amazon, Zappos) channel and can make an instant impact to the business. This individual will work closely with Merchandising, Product, and Supply Chain teams amongst others here at UA to drive and deliver results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use a data-driven approach to create, manage and continually improve a SKU-level rolling 12-18 month demand forecast for specific customers and product categories
- Responsible for managing the demand (consensus) plan as part of the corporate S&OP process. Reconcile plans from a top down and bottom up perspective.
- Accountable for ongoing improvement in forecast accuracy
- Align with external customers on demand forecasts, inventory strategy and other operational elements
- Own ad-hoc requests for reporting/analysis and assist in preparation for account facing business meetings
- Utilize external data to influence the demand planning process (e.g. point of sales, customer inventory, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with sales, merchandising, and marketing during the Go-to-Market process to deliver on sales, inventory, and margin KPIs
- Publish weekly business reporting and provide expert analysis on trends and recommendation.
- Support an environment that fosters respect for the ideas of others as well as ongoing collaboration to execute business strategy.
- Establish, nurture, and utilize internal and external partners to drive the business.
- Lead special projects and business opportunities on behalf of the planning team.
- Consistently produces results at the functional team level
- Accountable for their own execution, and that of their team (where applicable).
- Achieves personal and team goals.
- Can complete a project with minimal direction.
- Inspires confidence from their achievements that they will deliver. Done! Done! Done!
- Lives and inspires the Under Armour Culture throughout the Company
- Lives for the Company values in their everyday interactions.
- Commits time and energy to the success of the Company.
- Positively represents UA outside of the Company.
- Assists in executing on a strategic plan that creates a unique advantage for UA in the marketplace
- Completes projects that have significant impact on their Business Unit.
- Develops and proposes ideas that support the achievement of UA strategies.
- Analyzes and challenges work methods to determine process improvement and better results.
- Communicates team vision and goals in alignment with UA's strategic direction.
- Recognizes the potential impact of internal and external challenges on future state of the business unit, and develops action plans to meet these challenges.
- Has their team’s and peer’s trust
- Delivers what is promised.
- Proactive thinker who pushes for what is best for the functional team.
- Is included in critical decisions as it pertains to their functions.
- Provides thinking that is valuable to the organization.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, utilize resources effectively and drive themselves and their team for results in a fast paced, growth environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated experience in addressing critical business issues.
- Established ability to build and maintain effective working relationships to drive collaboration, teamwork and business results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to tailor message to all levels in the business.
- Demonstrated track record of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Excel skills to facilitate data analysis and critical problem solving.
- 2+ years of Ecommerce specific planning experience preferred.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years merchandise planning experience in a progressive & growth focused retail organization.
- Excel skills imperative. Experience in systems and programs relative to planning processes.
- Excellent partnership skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex quantitative data.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Amazon retail and an understanding of Vendor Central would be a plus
- Ability to be a part of a team, set challenging standards, develop strong partnerships, and lead others to action.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.