Sr. QA Specialist
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assess all failed audits to determine proper disposition, this may include reviewing audit findings with PLMs, Sourcing, Tech Design and Pre-Production QA.
- Review audits for accuracy and completeness, communicate errors to the appropriate DH QA Teammates.
- Coordinate rework projects with DHQA Teammates, DH management and 3rd party rework facilities.
- Manage all quality related chargebacks and claims to Tier 1 Vendors.
- Create Ariba POs to ensure prompt and accurate payment to QA’s 3rd party rework partners.
- Collaborate with DH QA Management for tracking of workload and project status to insure that Supply Chain throughput KPIs are maintained.
- Communicate all necessary information to DH QA Auditors to determine if production shipments meet Under Armour’s high quality standards.
- Coordinate placing defective product on quality hold and notifying the appropriate groups per QA SOP.
- Read and interpret Tech Packs and demonstrate successful application of that knowledge into an assessment of shipment quality. Communicate findings to the Suppliers, Field Auditors and internal contacts in response to queries.
- Communicate and clarify critical construction details of a style to any audience: other DH Auditors, DH and HO QA Management, Under Armour Field Teams, Vendors and Home Office teammates (PLMs, Tech Design and Sourcing).
- Read and interpret Corporate Manuals and ensure shipments conform to all Under Armour and Government requirements.
- Reporting on quality statistics as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or 2+ years of experience working in a retail related industry. Proven experience working with and implementing post production quality assurance programs.
- Solid knowledge base of quality, construction and understanding of Technical Design Packages.
- Ability to pass the Farnsworth ‐Munsell 100 Hue Color Test and How to Measure Testing Exams.
Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Supply Chain Systems
- Proficiency in ERP Systems
- Proficiency in PLM System
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects/tasks with sensitive deadlines.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops and proposes alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Communication - Excellent communication skills with solid people skills and a team player approach. Ability to be assertive without being offensive. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Active participant in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Language Skills - Ability to write reports and business correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, etc.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.