Sr. Software Engineer
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for extraordinary engineers who want to focus on technical challenges impacting the daily lives of their teammates. This role will support Under Armour's Engineering Advocacy vision by building tools and processes to make the lives of your fellow Engineers better as well as bringing Engineering principles to other parts of the business.
We're a small team of passionate engineers who live and breathe technology. We are growing and want you to become part of what is, and will continue to be, a challenging and exciting environment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A software engineer who has experience making technical decisions with positive outcomes. You can and want to pick up new technologies quickly, but know when to stick with the tried and true.
- You see the value of good software development practices/patterns/architecture.
- A perpetual learner who can spend anywhere from 20–50% of your time learning new things. You also take experimentation seriously and learn by doing.
- Someone with experience working directly with Engineers as well as non-technical users. You prefer working in a team, and enjoy collaborating with others.
- You not only love the docs, you also help write them.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- As a Software Engineer on the UA Engineering Advocacy team, you'll work closely with teammates across Under Armour, like Retail and Information Technology, to help evaluate third-party technology, and help build solutions.
- Cultivate trust from your UA teammates and the developers you represent by reaching across the table, listening, trying things for yourself, and understanding context and roadmaps.
- Write well designed, efficient code through a process of iterative, personal and peer-reviewed development
- Help organize and participate in Engineering focused events like Tech Talks and Hack-a-thons
- You are an excellent writer and speaker, and are equally comfortable in both one-on-one and large group settings.
- You have experience piloting new projects and can manage them through delivery.
- You are comfortable with front and back-end development.
- You have a solid understanding of GraphQL and/or RESTful APIs and and how developers use them, as well as experience integrating 3rd party technologies.
- You have experience building instructional demos and prototypes that developers can use and aid their integration.
- Proficiency with source control using Git
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS in CS and 5+ years of experience
- Familiarity with open source libraries and experience contributing to projects of personal interest a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.