Visual Content Creator
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
SUMMARY: The Visual Content Creator will be responsible for capturing compelling, channel-specific stories and visuals that align with the Brand goals and engage the UA consumer in a meaningful way. This position requires a broad technical knowledge in photography and video disciplines, in conjunction with a strong understanding of editing and post production. The essential duties involve shooting a range of projects and subjects both in studio and on-location, as well as managing all the steps of content creation including ideation, pre-production, capture and post production. This teammate should be able to adapt to project needs and capture both video and still content as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute still and motion content capture for projects, including studio shoots, on-location shoots, and event coverage
- Ensure that the content captured aligns with the established creative direction and supports the Brand vision and goals
- Quickly edit and process imagery and/or motion content and optimize for sharing after each shoot
- Select and assemble proper camera and lighting equipment based on the client and project needs
- Properly maintain camera equipment, including lenses, lights, and accessories
- Generate and brainstorm ideas with the rest of the Brand team
- Research applicable trends and subject matter prior to every photoshoot
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of video and photography best practices and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of digital still and motion content capture
- Ability to use different types of digital camera equipment based on project needs
- Deep understanding of all social media channels and the specific types of content needed to resonate with channel-specific consumers
- Strong visual skills, including an eye for good lighting, shot composition, and use of color
- Understanding of artificial and natural lighting
- Extensive knowledge and management of the post production process: digital capture, editing, color, retouching and archiving
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to meet quick turnaround times, multi-task, prioritize projects and communicate progress and milestones under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, take direction and adapt quickly during shoots while maintaining the UA standard and aesthetic
- Knowledge of the global video and photography industry including identifying and predicting current and future trends
- Creative thinker, team player, and positive influencer
- Technical knowledge of digital content capture for stills and video
- Strong knowledge of editing and post production process for video and stills
- Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop and Premier)
- Davinci Resolve
- Capture One
- Basic knowledge of audio capture
- Ability to meet the demands of working on set including moving photographic equipment, climbing ladders, scaffolding, and constructing sets. Must be able to shoot in a variety of weather elements depending on creative direction.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of experience in sports or commercial photography
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography or Video (optional if portfolio is strong)
- 60% of the job is travel
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.