Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The VP, North America Sales will lead the Wholesale Sales organization in identifying, developing and implementing strategies for the profitable growth for both our wholesale partners in the Sport Performance and Inspired channels, and Under Armour. Reporting to the SVP, NA Wholesale and serving as a member of the North America Leadership Team, the VP. NAM Sales will partner with Merchandising, Planning, Category, Marketing and Product Leadership to drive initiatives, programs and product offerings that meet the needs of our Sport Performance and Sport Inspired consumer.
- Develop and implement the overall strategy for the Sport Performance and Inspired account portfolios based on global and regional strategies
- Continuously develop account-specific insights and experiences to refine ‘where to play and how to win’ and ‘white space’ opportunities, with focus on strengthening points of difference and competitive advantage across the strategic accounts portfolio.
- Provide ambitious but realistic plans and accurate forecasts on customer performance; maximize net sales results by setting clear targets and action points; monitor results and analyze risks and opportunities
- Ensure channel account organization embodies Under Armour standards and best practices in daily work
- Approve the Channel Account Plans and Account Marketing Plans proposed by the strategic account leaders.
- Support negotiation and enforcement of Under Armour trade terms
- Monitor and report on customers and competitors sell-through activities and optimize accordingly
- Provide regular communication to executive leadership on progress against financial plan
- Lead, develop and retain a high performance team through training, coaching and direct supervision
- Manage all reports as an integrated team by setting team objectives, targets and guidelines
- Proven track record of successfully developing Strategic Accounts in a high growth sales organization
- Knowledge of supply chain operations and costs to leverage total profitability of accounts
- Demonstrated visionary thinking and expert knowledge to solve complex, organization-wide or externally facing issues
- Strong background in Merchandising and Retail Marketing
- Robust analytical skills to drive business planning and strategy development
- High degree of commercial and business acumen knowledge (e.g. sales, trade marketing, finance and controlling)
- Strong relationship and consensus building skills- viewed as an influential and credible player with key customers
- Unquestioned integrity
- Track record of hiring, leading and training high-performance teams
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- At least 20 years of relevant experience
- 20+ years’ relevant experience in progressively responsible roles including sales and marketing and/or business development.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.