Visual Merchandise Professional
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour Europe is looking for a talented Visual Merchandise Professional to be part of the EMEA Visual Merchandising team. Main Role is to enhance the consumer journey and visual identity within the UA Full price environment by maximizing sales and the overall brand consistency.
The Visual Merchandising Professional will report into the Visual Merchandising Manager and identify opportunities, issues or needs for the market, put forward recommendations and agree actions to drive forward the brand. He/She will develop effective working relationships with external VM agencies, retail store teams, Area Managers and Visual merchandising HQ by maintaining regular contact through store visits, workshops and other regular feedback.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Field Visual Merchandiser will be responsible to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy in the markets of competence. You will focus on supporting the franchise partners with ordering VM necessities, store openings, seasonal changes, trainings, special guidelines designed on the market’s needs. You will become an expert for your market, where you translate the global/European vision keeping in mind local requirements and needs. In order to achieve this, you closely work with all the Europe departments such as: Merchandise, Retail, Sales, franchise partners, Visual Merchandising, Store Operations and Marketing. You report directly to the VM Manager Under Armour EMEA.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Liaise with EMEA office to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy and brand standards
- Build strong relationship with local Retail Marketing managers,, providing feedback on VM standards through picture reports and visits and identify opportunities for further training and understand local needs
- Developed and lead VM training sessions, presentation and workshops
- Create special VM guidelines to support the franchise VM teams with local implementation, using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Support store openings, by creating merchandise plans, feedback orders and VM support
- Implement guidelines for showroom set-ups.
- Coordinate the regional VM agency, plan appropriate visits.
- Administrative tasks – Raising PO for VM external company visits and VM guidelines
- Be constantly updated on the KPI and sell through performances of the area of competence
- Market launch, VM meetings and workshops are mandatory to attend
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A completed degree level or equivalent, ideally in design, marketing or fashion
- Approx. of 3 to 4 years’ experience in Visual Merchandising role (Franchising, department, store environment)
- Microsoft office literate including Excel plus
- Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign basic skills are required
- Flexibility to travel 70%
- Strong communication skills: internal and external relationships, presenting, negotiating, stakeholder management, coordinate and be a team player
- Understanding of KPI’s and sales numbers
- Knowledge of store floor-plans and project management skills
- Energetic attitude: self-starter and inquisitive
- Proactive and forward thinking, innovation driven
- Analytical and critical thinking: problem solving (out of the box)
- Ability to prioritize, plan and multi-task: understand the sense of urgency
- Capable of delivering on deadlines (with ambiguity)
- Business fluent in English language (written & spoken)
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.