Sr. Professional, Accounting
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Sr. Professional, Accounting
Location: Colombia Reports to: Regional Controller - LATAM
Part of regional team for accounting, responsible to control all county functions and relation with internal and external customer or supplier ensuring accomplished accounting policies, local GAAPS and compliance tax regulation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure financial statements audited of every year in coordination with regional team.
- Ensure local GAAP compliance
- Ensure Tax compliance correct and timely for allkind of taxes.
- Provide monthly tax reconciliations to review with RSSC and global team.
- Support to provide visibility and information for income tax calculation and transfer pricing from our holding company.
- Ensure compliance for electronic accounting and all support documentation.
- Ensure the fiscal compliance between the system and government (Invoices & credit memos stamped)
- Bank relationship to ensure a correct operation in coordination with region and Global.
- Intermediary guidance to the other function areas, ensuring understood and follow the local, regional and global policies and process.
- Lead locally all new accounting projects as a local representative for accounting area, ensuring us accomplishing with local rules and tax compliance.
- Main contact in country for internal and external customers and suppliers relationship.
- Follow up with RSSC & functional areas to ensure correct accruals based on her business knowledge
- Support internal control role in case any specific test or audit is required.
- Ensure compliance for wall to wall inventory in country for accounting point of view
- Notify opportunity any change on law that could mean and impact in our operation or system.
- Expenses variances explanation versus previous months and main call outs
Technical Attributes of Ideal Candidate: include but are not limited to the following:
- Accounting degree
- 5-6 years’ experience as a general accountant and local tax compliance
- Familiarity with corporate financial accounting systems (SAP preferred)
- medium English
Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidate:
- Inspired Leadership. Articulates a compelling vision and the roadmap to success; adept at aligning and empowering a diverse set of teammates and stakeholders
- Team Player. Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues; highly effective in a matrix environment
- Humble & Hungry. Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game" regardless of prior successes
- Unparalleled Integrity. In good times and bad, lives the UA Way; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel”
- Action Oriented. "Can do" and "does do" attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations
- Accountable. Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self and team to highest performance standards
- “Gets” Under Armour. Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.