Business Development Representative
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
About UACF (Under Armour Connected Fitness):
UACF is the leader in Connected Fitness – building the world’s largest digital health and fitness community by providing interactive tools to make fitness and nutrition social, simple and rewarding. The flagship consumer brands – MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal – are among the most popular apps on iOS and Android and the cloud-based platforms have been supporting a rapid growth of over 100,000 new users every day for a total of 200 million users across the UACF network. UACF’s mission is to make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation. We are changing the way millions of users around the world are tracking their health and fitness.
About UACF Media Team:
UACF uses our best-in-class audience to connect brands before, during and after every workout, every accomplishment and every win. We believe that advertising - when done well with the right audience – can greatly enhance the user experience and generate a positive branding association for our advertising partners. UACF offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions to engage with the most active, health-conscious market in the world.
This position is based at Under Armour offices in Chicago reporting to the Head of Central Sales.
- Collaborate with Account Executives in prospecting new accounts and leads in Central Region and participate in initial client outreach
- Work with Account Executives or Management to support various administrative needs. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: Executing Promotional Orders, Scheduling Client Meetings, Attending Client Meetings, Coordinating Client Events, etc.
- Build effective internal relationships through on-going communication with various departments i.e. Sales, PreSales, Data & Insights, Account Management, Marketing, etc.
- Provide Account Executives with consistent internal insights and industry trend reports that will drive critical account engagement
- Support Sales Team in preparation for meetings (i.e. Presentation, meeting set-up, etc.), during meetings (i.e. Take Notes, etc.) and with any follow-up meeting needs (I.e. Client Deliverables, Internal Requests, etc.)
- Assist with internal CRM Database management to ensure proper Account Executive alignment and all account information is represented accurately
- Mine and share supporting sales materials including: Case Studies, User Success Stories, Event Calendar, Content Calendar, and Competitive Intelligence
- Customer-focused mentality and a winning attitude.
- Team player, high-energy, reliable and coachable.
- Passion for selling
- High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong sales techniques and phone/email etiquette
- Creativity and passion toward penetrating new accounts
- Positive and energetic phone skills and excellent listening and writing skills
- Strong experience preferred in working with Salesforce.com as a sales tool
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Eager to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Interest in Sales
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 - 2 years in Media industry Preferred
- Relevant Media Internships a Plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.