Brand Activation Manager Austria
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Purpose: Activate the Under Armour brand in Austria in Brand- and Sports-Marketing to ensure significant brand awareness increase in Austria.
UA BRAND MISSION: To make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation
UA BRAND VALUES: Build a Great Product; Tell a Great Story; Build a Great Team; Deliver Great Service
UA INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY: Build a strong global brand & brand equity; Improve profitability and organizational efficiency; Accelerate annual growth; Embed a performance culture
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and execute rolling marketing plan tied to Austrian and Swiss business plan.
- Lead and manage the annual and seasonal marketing calendar for Austria and Switzerland
- Direct all marketing communications with DACH and EMEA Headquarter.
- Execute seasonal – communication and sports marketing plans for Austria and Switzerland, across PR, Retail, Digital, Social Media and Events.
- Plan and execute the activation of the Austria Ski Team, Swiss Ski and selected individual athletes. incl. external and internal stake holder management
- Work closely with the sales organization to develop comprehensive, integrated marketing platforms that drive sell through of seasonal and core product lines.
- Control and manage annual marketing budget for Austria and Switzerland
- Drive and manage creative agency partnerships in Austria and Switzerland
- Write creative briefs, help manage the creative development timeline and process, manage brand budgets, protect and develop brand voice across all consumer touch-points.
- Assist sales team with materials required for key account presentations/sell-ins in Austria and Switzerland
- Report on/measure the contribution of all Austrian and Swiss marketing activities to establish ROI
- Frequent travel and engagement with Austrian and Swiss market
Technical Attributes of Ideal Candidate: include but are not limited to the following:
- Overall at least 7yrs relevant work experience for an international brand
- Degree: Bachelor in Marketing, plus Masters degree.
- Proven experience in brand activation; across the main Marketing channels: PR, Retail, Events, Media, and Digital/Social.
- Multi year agency leadership experience is essential to succeed in the job.
- Work experience in sporting good industry preferred.
- Fluent in German and English, written and oral.
- Winter sport experience in activating athlete and partnerships.
- Highly effective communication skills to succeed in dealing with the several in- and external stakeholders
- Model the behaviors reflected in the UA Way: Walk with a Purpose; Be Humble, Stay Hungry; No One Person is Bigger than the Brand – Team; Integrity
Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidate: include but are not limited to the following:
- Team Player. Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues
- Humble & Hungry. Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game" regardless of prior successes
- Unparalleled Integrity. In good times and bad, lives the UA Way; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel”
- Action Oriented. "Can do" and "does do" attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations
- Accountable. Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self to highest performance standards
- “Gets” Under Armour. Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.