Maintenance Mechanic- Weekend Night ShiftApply Now
Maintenance Mechanic- Weekend Night Shift
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Summary The Mechanic – Nashville Distribution Operations will have the opportunity be a part of the development of Under Armour’s newest Distribution Operation. We are seeking an individual, with operational start-up experience, to partner with the Maintenance and Facilities team in all aspects of the opening and ongoing operations for a 1 million square foot Distribution House in Mt. Juliet, TN, a suburb of Nashville. The Mechanic is responsible for the full spectrum of routine maintenance including trouble-shooting electrical controls, ensuring proper functionality of all systems, and upholding the safety of all machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be proficient in the repair and maintenance of all types of conveyor including, motors, reducers, sorters, sensors and all other components used in the assigned area.
- Ability to trouble-shoot electrical controls (motor circuits, process or packaging machinery, and programmable controllers) using drawings, documentation, and required tools.
- Determines parts requirements and availability. Retrieves parts, maintains parts/stock area and submits requests to reorder. Determines reasonable substitutions for parts that are unavailable.
- Performs routine maintenance of systems based on machine PM requirements. Maintains an accurate record of all PM activities
- Ensure and repair that all safety systems are functioning properly on all machines.
- Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience
- Excellent proven safety record
- Ability to interpret schematics, mechanical blueprints, and PLC ladder logic
- Able to operate and trained on all aerial equipment, such as boom lift and scissor lift.
- Preferred: 5 years industrial plant maintenance technician experience comparable to level 1 or 2
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Working knowledge of Maintenance Connection is a plus.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Knowledge of Warehouse Control Systems (WCS)
- The ability to frequently lift items weighing an average of 20 to 30 pounds with a maximum of 65 pounds throughout a full shift of work
Education and/or Experience
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have High School Diploma/GED. Trade School completion preferred.
- Must have at least 1 year of recent continuous employment.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
“In my opinion, the culture at Under Armour is a great reason to work here. We're more than just coworkers, we're teammates.” Gregory Rucker — Product Designer, Ecommerce
“My favorite part about working at Under Armour are my teammates. Each person I’ve met and worked with has been so kind and willing to teach.” Kaleen Iwema — Sr Software Engineer, Connected Fitness
“Our diversity in personalities is what makes us unique. We all come from different cultures, backgrounds and worlds.” Raymon Confiado — Customer Care Specialist, Connected Fitness
“I enjoy being part of a brand that is focused on making you better and working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.” Andrea Morato — Engineering Manager
“Stand for Equality resonates with me because UA champions respect, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, something that wasn’t always popular in sport.” Jarred Gammon — Account Manager, Connected Fitness
“Something unique at UA that I haven’t had in previous companies is employees forming groups to raise awareness of important ideas in the form of Culture Clubs.” Richard Chow — Sr Product Manager, Ad Systems
“It’s clear that everyone wants to help lift you up and achieve your career goals, so if you have big goals UA will help you get there.” Haley Gallup — House Manager
“Hearing how our athletes get excited about our product or future product makes me excited to be a part of such a great brand.” Michael Diliberto — Field experience specialist
“I have always been passionate about technology, health, fitness and sports. By being on the UA Digital team, I get to bring all of my interests together.” Lindy Wong — Field experience specialist