Supervisor, Operations- 2nd Shift Vas
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
As a Distribution House Supervisor, you will oversee the activities of the assigned department to achieve department goals, safety, quality, cost and delivery. You will be responsible for delegating tasks and leading the execution of department and building goals. This involves driving a safety culture while ensuring secure storage of inventory and accurate, timely shipment of customer orders at minimal cost. Distribution House Supervisors drive department performance and accountability while enforcing Under Amour’s Core Competencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment and reports any unsafe working conditions or equipment. Completes incident investigations and reporting as needed.
• Collaborates with cross-functional departments while balancing area workflow and headcount. Ensures all teammates are maintaining an acceptable level of production. Administer observations on teammates to drive performance improvement, training, and coaching. Move teammates and contingent workers throughout the DH as business needs mandate.
• Prepares reporting through the use of Microsoft Office and Warehouse Management Systems to summarize department statistics in alignment with daily goals.
• Responsible for the efficiency of teammates and the development of Team Leads. Ensures teammates are following the standard operating procedures while using preferred work methods and requesting re-training as needed.
• Actively generates new opportunities for continued improvement in warehouse operations and standards.
• Continuously learn, coach and support policies and procedures throughout the Distribution House.
• Work with Distribution House leadership to implement corporate strategy(s) and initiative(s).
• Helps maintain and build a strong team that emphasizes teamwork among the leaders and drives strong communication among peers and leadership.
• Drives efficiency in inventory and quality accuracy in respective department(s) to ensure shipping/receiving functions at distribution plant are operating at levels which meet customers' needs and established financial benchmarks.
• Advise distribution managers on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances and the like. Holds direct reports accountable for adhering to company policy.
• Process payroll for direct reports and ensures teammate hours are updated daily in ADP.
• Provides feedback to direct reports through the review of productivity numbers, performance reviews and administration of corrective action.
• Helps the team achieve Service Level Agreements and communicate SLA updates as needed.
• Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
• Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Knowledge in the operation that will allow flexibility in assisting cross-functionally throughout the DH.
• General knowledge of conveyor operation
• Experience in the apparel industry strongly preferred.
• Highly skilled with database/spreadsheet programs, and specifically MS Office programs (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MRP software package is required. ( WMI, SAP, FMS)
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing daily work assignments; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE/CRITICAL SKILLS
Bachelor’s degree preferred; 5 years of related experience in a distribution or warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of warehouse management systems; warehouse control systems, Excel, running reports and interpreting and communicating data/metrics.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; ability to follow detailed instructions both written and verbally; ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures; ability to apply concepts of basic math. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Frequent or continuous standing, lifting, walking and bending.
• Regularly handles objects, tools, and/or controls; reaches with arms; uses cutting device to open or break down cartons.
• May frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds overhead.
• Vision abilities depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The essential functions of the job are usually performed indoors and may rarely be performed outdoors, including during both hot and cold weather. Work performed will be near or involving moving mechanical equipment. Work may be performed at heights of up to 50 feet.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.