Associate, Sourcing - Trim
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Reports to: Sr. Manager Materials and Trim – Sourcing
Location: Panama City
This position plays an integral part to Under Armour’s LATAM apparel sourcing team. The trim associate is responsible for trim development, sourcing, capacity setup, and supplier’s quality & performance.
- Develop & resource apparel trims in a seasonal timeline.
- Works closely with global partners in the development of trims.
- Plays a key role in the execution and maintenance of UA’s global trim palettes.
- Analyze regional bill of materials and secures compliance to current trade agreements.
- Maintain a functional Material Library in regional office.
- Support seasonal cost negotiation with suppliers.
- Contributes in regional and global projects.
- Communicate manuals and ensure compliance from all partners.
- Lead monthly forecast reviews for both SMS and production.
- Collects and review quality reports on a monthly cadence.
- Follow up supplier’s quality and/or delivery performance constraints.
- Establish a close partnership with suppliers based on continuous communication.
- Assists in setting up the strategic sourcing direction for trims.
- Builds trust at all levels
- Produces great results
- Lives and inspires the UA culture
- Thinks globally
- Timely decision making
- Organized and focused
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in materials, apparel, industrial engineering, or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in trim development/production environment or related industry role.
- Excellent analytical.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to independently drive issue resolution, develop business knowledge and relationships while operating in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Capable to build collaborative partnerships cross-functionally.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.