Lead, Sourcing **TEXTILE & APPAREL**
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Location: Panama Reports to: Sr. Director Sourcing, LATAM
The Sourcing Lead is responsible for factory relationship management, allocation, costing and data integrity in company systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists the Sr. Director of Sourcing to oversee vendor relationships in the region including but not limited to seasonal allocation, costing and seasonal development issue resolution.
- Participate and help drive seasonal allocations.
- Collaborate with Baltimore and HK teammates for style/ factory issue resolution.
- Collaborate and support the LATAM Product teams in regional L4L opportunities
- Model out costing scenarios to evaluate potential savings/ best allocation.
- Negotiate lead-times with suppliers.
- Travel to suppliers and to home office as needed.
- Maintain and verify systems and data integrity to allow proper flow of orders
- Create and assess SMV and YY estimates using costing tools like OptiTex and GSD.
- Maintain vendor profiles and capabilities reports
- Gather and analyze intelligence about productivity, wages, efficiencies and usages to assess the gap on costing
- No direct reports.
Technical Attributes of Ideal Candidate: include but are not limited to the following:
- University degree
- Minimum of 5+ years in related positions with industry experience preferred
- Good Understanding of Product development, Manufacturing and Quality within the Apparel Industry
- Basic Understanding of Materials and Regional Supply Chain
- Project management – can develop, coordinate and communicate changes in progress.
- An undeniable fit with our cultural values and work ethic.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Proven understanding and thorough knowledge of global sourcing, sales operations and production within a large international organization
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced Computer proficiency, especially in Excel
- Fluent in English, ideally conversant in Spanish
Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidate: include but are not limited to the following:
- Team Player. Loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues; highly effective in a matrix environment
- Humble & Hungry. Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game" regardless of prior successes
- Unparalleled Integrity. In good times and bad, lives the UA Way; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel”
- Action Oriented. "Can do" and "does do" attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations
- Accountable. Commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self and team to highest performance standards
- “Gets” Under Armour. Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.