Footwear Designer IApply Now
Footwear Designer I
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
We are searching for a Footwear Designer I to focus on and elevate UA Footwear. The Designer I will have opportunities to touch all parts of the brand and have access to the latest technologies and innovations. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story, as Under Armour builds and grows their Footwear legacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and present concepts for footwear and overall design direction: material, trim, color.
- Be a key partner in creating brand identity and distinctive Under Armour footwear offerings with a creative and current design vision.
- Develop and execute clear and detailed technical packages for development.
- Be able to offer multiple concepts on specific marketing briefs.
- Work within an integrated team of design, development and marketing, while also working with apparel design within the company.
- Provide product conceptualization and alternatives that meet the needs of the product as outlined by product marketing and the product brief.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passion every day to design compelling, fun, cutting edge product.
- Solid understanding of footwear construction and materials; preferably well versed in manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to express concepts and ideas through hand sketching.
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable working with a group.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and work under pressure to successfully meet multiple deadlines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BFA or BID in Industrial Design
- 1+ years of footwear design experience is ideal, preferably in the sports industry
- Excellent Mac computer skills with full proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop. Other optional computer skills: Alias sketchbook pro, 3D, Microsoft Office
- Managed budget: Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
“In my opinion, the culture at Under Armour is a great reason to work here. We're more than just coworkers, we're teammates.” Gregory Rucker — Product Designer, Ecommerce
“My favorite part about working at Under Armour are my teammates. Each person I’ve met and worked with has been so kind and willing to teach.” Kaleen Iwema — Sr Software Engineer, Connected Fitness
“Our diversity in personalities is what makes us unique. We all come from different cultures, backgrounds and worlds.” Raymon Confiado — Customer Care Specialist, Connected Fitness
“I enjoy being part of a brand that is focused on making you better and working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.” Andrea Morato — Engineering Manager
“Stand for Equality resonates with me because UA champions respect, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, something that wasn’t always popular in sport.” Jarred Gammon — Account Manager, Connected Fitness
“Something unique at UA that I haven’t had in previous companies is employees forming groups to raise awareness of important ideas in the form of Culture Clubs.” Richard Chow — Sr Product Manager, Ad Systems
“It’s clear that everyone wants to help lift you up and achieve your career goals, so if you have big goals UA will help you get there.” Haley Gallup — House Manager
“Hearing how our athletes get excited about our product or future product makes me excited to be a part of such a great brand.” Michael Diliberto — Field experience specialist
“I have always been passionate about technology, health, fitness and sports. By being on the UA Digital team, I get to bring all of my interests together.” Lindy Wong — Field experience specialist