Project Manager, Footwear - Innovation
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is seeking a Project Manager to be responsible for all Innovation Footwear project schedules, budgets and traffic coordination. The ideal candidate will oversee and manage the entire schedule start-to-finish for the Innovation Footwear teams, organize and gather information/project content, as well as collaborate with key stakeholder teams to ensure the team has all the knowledge to develop and execute against innovation footwear projects.
What will you do?
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with internal and external Innovation Footwear key stakeholders and resources, and is the main point of contact throughout project life span
- Ability to assign resources based on skill-sets of both internal and external resources to deliver on project needs and deadlines
- Reviews project initiation forms submitted to understand business needs & strategies, as well as align resources, budgets, and timelines accordingly
- Guides development process and tracks progress from project initiation through completion
- Utilizes appropriate tracking methodologies for ensuring project meets timeline and budget
- Responsible for communication to project team and other key influencers regarding project development, work-flow, and project updates
- Maintains accurate master project list and responsible for distribution within team and key stakeholders within the Company
- Ability to utilize multiple forms of communication to pull together key project information
- Oversees company-wide creative asset portal and ensures it is managed and updated in real-time by contracted asset management resource
- Ensures and maintains vendor and external partner portfolio
- Develop systematized process for organizing and archiving files across the Innovation Footwear Team and broader Innovation resources
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility for achieving team requirements, tasks, and objectives, even if other resources are required. Goes the extra mile to get the work done and meet commitments made to others.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Seeks to improve upon the status quo by proactively creating new, unique solutions to make UA better. Asks challenging, open-ended questions to inspire innovative thinking in other Teammates.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Demonstrates reliability, working openly with cross-functional Teammates. Takes the lead, whether in an individual contributor or manager role. Builds working relationships with others, seeking out and encouraging the exchange of constructive feedback.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences when conducting business and interacting with others globally. Adapts behavior to the local culture to demonstrate respect and gain trust.
- MAP THE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team's vision for the future. Asks questions to confirm how team priorities support UA's overall vision.
- BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Seeks opportunities to develop self and other Teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance, tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Motivates Teammates by sharing team objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY & ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a global company, innovation kitchen/lab or footwear performance company
- Proficient in either Mac or PC software including Microsoft and Adobe Creative Suite applications
What else is important for you to know?
- Travel up to 10% of the time including internationally.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.