District Manager - Vancouver, BC
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
District Manager- Canada
The District Manager will play a key role on the Field Leadership Team and can make an instant impact to the business. The District Manager will have district ownership and revenue responsibility of $30M+ for one of our North America Regions.
- Motivate team through clear direction and vision to encompass Under Armour’s Core Competencies
- Build partnerships with upward management and key business partners
- Act as a leader amongst peers in the field and Corporate Office
- Lead consistent store visit assessments and provide proactive, valuable feedback
- Communicate clear expectations and hold the store teams accountable to achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards
- Conduct productive conference calls & team meetings
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain top management talent for the district
- Develop effective succession plans that lead to internal promotions and no store openings
- Train store management and focus on talent development
- Recommend and approve all salaries and wage changes in conjunction with conducting and approving performance appraisals for management
- Recognize performance issues and partner with Regional Director and Human Resource in a timely manner
Drive for Results
- Drive UA brand loyalty through sales leadership, coaching and connecting with the athlete experience
- Establish and lead the execution of district business strategies to drive store Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results that maximize performance and achievement of sales plan and goals
- Control all aspects of the annual budget process, to include sales, controllable expenses, payroll and annual shrink results
- Communicate business needs for the district and company that play an active role in driving results
- Plan and execute effective, productive store visits reviewing KPI performance, Personnel, Visual Merchandising, Operations and key‐business initiatives
- Hold Store Managers accountable for execution of all operational responsibilities and teach a high standard for compliance
- Ensure that all visual directives are executed seamlessly and within scheduled time frame and allotted payroll budget
- Maintain extensive knowledge of product assortment and key items
- Communicate current trends and competitor strategies in the market
- Ensure stores are properly assorted in partnership with Regional Director and the Allocation team
- Analyze, identify and capitalize upon opportunities for increasing revenue and profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, or related field required
- 4 years of increasing experience in retail management; including minimum 2 years’ experience as a Store Manager
- Overnight and daily travel is required
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem‐solving, presentation, budgeting, project management, & planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment
- Self‐motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.