Engineering Manager, MyFitnessPal
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Under Armour Nutrition Team responsible for MyFitnessPal is currently seeking a Manager of Nutrition Services. This role leads an engineering team to deliver an API fit for 100s of millions of customers across Web, iOS and Android.
- Mentor, recruit, on-board, grow, and evaluate engineering teammates.
- Oversee multiple projects with a geographically disparate team.
- Brainstorm, design, architect and implement new solutions.
- Suggest tools, technologies, and best practices to improve performance, availability and scalability based on both technical and business considerations.
Technical Attributes & Experience of Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 7+ years of hands-on experience in a development environment.
- Experience with some/all of the following technologies: Scala, Docker, Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcache.
- Experience in delivering and supporting versioned APIs.
Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidate:
- You work hard to stay current – blogs, open source contribution, technology groups – whatever it takes.
- You are able to deliver compelling presentations, documentation and solution designs in various formats for specific audiences.
- Passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build and protect the brand
Headquartered in Baltimore, MD with Connected Fitness offices in Austin, TX and San Francisco, CA, Under Armour aims to provide an inclusive and rewarding work environment with benefits and perks to help achieve our mission.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.