Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
As an established leader in performance and innovation, Under Armour Connected Fitness is dedicated to improving the health and fitness of millions of athletes worldwide. Under Armour Connected Fitness continues to deliver game-changing solutions to how athletes train, perform and improve by creating the ultimate worldwide digital community dedicated to health and fitness. The team of digital products currently under the Under Armour Connected Fitness brand include Under Armour Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo and MyFitnessPal.
Role Summary - About the House Manager
The House Manager will be the heart of our presence and operations in San Francisco, California. They will anticipate the needs of the team by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. They will move quickly with the changing environment and will be up to date with the latest trends and innovations in the digital fitness and consumer worlds. In addition to being organized and analytical, they possess strong business judgment and communication skills. This person will be an organized customer service specialist, who takes pride in seeing things run smoothly and efficiently. They will go out of their way to make sure visitor needs are met and that the Under Armour Connected Fitness office is a social hub, bridging connectivity to UA headquarters and the pulse of fitness, health and tech in San Francisco. They will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. They will bring enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain Under Armour’s Connected Fitness office and operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with front desk reception duties, greeting guests and teammates in a friendly and professional manner.
- Builds efficient and effective responsiveness into existing operations and helps define new operational strategies.
- Manages daily facilities operations including:
- Acting as first responder to facility issues and liaison to property management
- Establishes and manages all facility contractor and office vendor relationships
- Responsible for space planning for all employees on the growing Connected Fitness team.
- Support onboarding for new hires and candidates, including:
- Assembling New Hire packets, swag, desk and monitor allocation
- Welcome tours
- Coordinating conference rooms to assist recruiter and IT onboarding
- Oversees office moves
- Manages planning and logistical arrangements for all internal events, with written budget proposals and processing through Ariba system, including:
- Holiday parties
- Monthly happy hours
- Monthly employee birthday and work anniversary recognition
- Connected Fitness Team lunches
- Daily fitness classes
- Other various corporate events
- Assists in planning and logistical arrangements for recruiting events, brand tours, meetings, and external fitness, tech, and social engagements.
- Coordinates volunteer (“Give Back”) opportunities.
- Responds to sensitive and highly confidential information with discretion and professionalism. Helps maintain ownership of Google and Slack accounts.
- Completes high priority, vital assignments quickly and accurately by doing whatever it takes.
- Demonstrates willingness and initiative to be flexible in work hours for events and generally availability.
- Communicates and liaises closely with Executive Assistants, Event Managers, Corporate Real Estate and other teammates at Under Armour Headquarters.
- Manages relationships and contracts with property management and office vendors.
- Manages all conference room calendars. Assists with troubleshooting conference room A/V equipment.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, catered lunch and office snacks, reserves and prepares facilities.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence.
- Orders and maintains supplies, equipment, and office essentials. Submits expense reports through Concur on a timely basis.
- Assist other departments with small tasks and projects.
- Shipping USPS, FedEx and UPS.
- Arranges Brand Orders for executive clients and guests.
- Facilitates IT needs of the Connected Fitness office with the IT team. Helps troubleshoot office equipment (e.g. printers, scanners, etc.)
- Owns the complete AV set-up, execution, and breakdown for weekly Town Halls; including downloading presenter slides, setting up projectors, WebEx, camera, mics, recordings, and Dropbox folder management.
- Assists with other requests as needed.
- Liaison with subtenants and property management contacts
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience a plus
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.